I did a bad bad thing

daveL82

So I haven't been posting here for a while as I've been out of town for work and don't have a place to work on my C3.

However last month I found what I thought was a very good deal on a British sports car in the city I'm working. I've had MG Midgets in the past that were a blast but this time I went with something newer.

Pics to come soon of my 2007 V8 Vantage. It's the smaller 4.3 liter V8 but I find it just fine with the 6 speed manual transaxle.

Well I finally got some pics to post of the V8 Vantage. Sun was bright and my wife's camera didn't have a filter or polarizer to get out some of the glare.

So far taken the car in for the basic annual service at the dealer and I installed a set of EBC yellow pads. Those pads make a lot of noise as noted in the instructions until bedded in. The fronts have bedded in and have gone quiet but the rears are not there yet. The installation notes say break in easily so the initial pad coating can bed with the rotor.I've resisted hammering them until the bedding compound has done it's thing.

PB270223-XL.jpg

PB270230-XL.jpg

Reminds me of a old friend my age, 70, some 30? years ago he came back to the DC region and bought a double letter Brit car....MG/etc.....and put a new engine in it, and totally rebuilt the rusted out body, put on a sloppy yellow paint, and drove it from Wash DC to Prudhoe Bay ALASKA and back without breakdown......

that man is cool as a moose......bought an old flower mill off a creek near West Va.

Talk about leading the LIFE, he did......

Flew CS130 in Viet Nam.....graduated to B52 before retired.....

the stories abound.....

Very Nice looking. I noted at the Car and Driver review they also had some nice things to say , but had a few performance areas that could be improved. You got some plans to "tinker" with it - or just enjoy the ride?

Cheers - Jim