Rear brake rotor weight?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Just curious if anyone has a late C4 rotor (or C5, what the heck) they could weigh for me please. I'm using a NAPA '84 replacement rotor (12.8#) at the moment, but I'm curious if the later rotor is a touch lighter. (I didn't see any C4 rotor weights listed in the Tech section weight reduction thread.) Also, what's the diameter of those rotors?

Thanks for any help.

My apologies for a post that doesn't answer your question.

A website a visited in the last week or so had a sale on Porsche carbon disk rotors. $9800 for a pair. Also, these rotors were for a two piece assembly...what looked like an aluminum "hat" to bolt to the spindle and then the rotor assembly to be bolted to the hat.

I think I may have saw that the C7 has a carbon brake option.

Have you replaced the steel Rotor "Hats" with Aluminum Hats yet? Some savings there for sure. I have no C5/6 rotors but will weigh what I have and see where we are.

Also, replacing the steering column would be significant - if not done yet.

Cheers - Jim

Have you replaced the steel Rotor "Hats" with Aluminum Hats yet? Some savings there for sure. I have no C5/6 rotors but will weigh what I have and see where we are. I've got two-piece rotors on the front, but just stock replacements on the back. I'm looking to pull some more weight off the rear, but so far the dollars per pound cost of taking that weight out via two-piece rotors is getting hard to justify, that's why I was hoping some inexpensive stock rotors might be found that are a bit lighter.

Also, replacing the steering column would be significant - if not done yet.

Cheers - Jim

The steering column swap is on the to-do list.