JCG from Oxnard CA

crisjcg

Hello Everyone! Just bought a 69 corvette that I have been doing some research on suspension upgrades that have brought me here to this site.. looks like there is some good information here & looking forward to hanging out here.. I currently build custom car for a living & design with prototype lots of components.. The one thing that I have been working on lately is setting up cars for road racing & auto-x.. As soon as I figure out the rules of this site.. I will share some info!

Welcome to the motley crew.....

sounds like you fit right in with the rest of the fellows pretty good,

there is a couple guys in Missouri, 69427 is one handle, he is into VERY extensive competition weight savings on his car, TimAT is the other, he does lots of work/mods also.....I met them some years ago here in Florida....

Some fellows across the big pond too TT is one, and many/most are engineers....:eek::smash::thumbs:

It looks like I fit right in here.. Last night I spent some time on the site..

Here is some of our CAD work that we do in house..

Currently building a chassis that can use the stock C6 Corvette craddles..

1898276_10201302412463084_1444590144_n_zpse2f799b6.jpg

1556309_10201346071154524_1103098605_o_zps2fae3e18.jpg

We currently make our own C6 corvette upright for our own suspension/sub-frame for Camaro's

1555323_10201153276574780_158773960_n_zps16f05de2.jpg

1517594_10201153276454777_161988065_n_zpsfcb0acb4.jpg

Here is our own rear suspension we do for our complete chassis's

Chevell_Chassi_Assem_Rev-3_Rear_zpsda1ac4c8.jpg

This is our complete sub-frame we make in house for 1st & 2nd gen Camaros.. We make all our own components..

67-69_Camaro_Sub-Frame_Assem040812.jpg

Kid- Soildworks is what we do all our design work on.. We like to blend our fabricated work with machined components..

You are assuming correct! I am Cris Gonzalez of JCG who built the 68 Camaro known as "Blu Balz".. Thank you for the compliments..

We are now moving into doing C2/C3/C5/C6 corvettes here @ the shop. Some will be simple builds & others will be some custom cars.. Just as soon as I get my car registered in CA.. I will start the LS3/T56 conversion on my 69 & share with you on the project list here..

Here is some of our CAD work that we do in house.

Looks like you do some pretty cool stuff! CAD models and CNC fabricated components get my pulse racing! What CAD software do you guys use?

When you say "we" I assume you are Cris Gonzalez and JCG Restoration & Customs? Love the Blue Ballz Camaro! Amazing craftsmanship!:amazed:

welcome, rules what rules???? just don't piss in the sipping whiskey and you will be fine, theres lots of knowledge lurking here and its nice to see your designs

Last edited:
Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you guys! & will keep away from the sipping whiskey.. :)

welcome, rules what rules???? just don't piss in the sipping whiskey and you will be fine, theres lots of knowledge lurking here and its nice to see your designs

Hello Everyone! Just bought a 69 corvette that I have been doing some research on suspension upgrades that have brought me here to this site.. looks like there is some good information here & looking forward to hanging out here.. I currently build custom car for a living & design with prototype lots of components.. The one thing that I have been working on lately is setting up cars for road racing & auto-x.. As soon as I figure out the rules of this site.. I will share some info!

I just visited your Facebook page. Looks like you are getting into Vettes in a big way!

10168154_825559210804786_8714534533275694662_n.jpg

1554385_715313111844756_4698872142902464678_n.jpg

Welcome Aboard!

Great CAD work and the execution is incredible. :thumbs:
Where were you a few years back when I started asking about C5 Cradles on a C3?

I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Cheers Jim

Looking forward to gaining some knowledge from you guys! & will keep away from the sipping whiskey.. :)

UH...that Blue C2 you got there.....those wheels, what size are they????

IF they are 17x 9.5 by chance I will come steal them....they are the exact style I have wanted in that size for over a decade.....best damn wheel ever, bar NONE.....

:thumbs:

IF they are 17x 9.5 by chance I will come steal them....they are the exact style I have wanted in that size for over a decade.....best damn wheel ever, bar NONE.....

You mean these wheels?

V40-17x9.5.jpg

That there looks like a chrome rim and aluminum spokes, the spokes can be painted a darker gray, but the chrome has to go, it has to be a brushed/matte aluminum.....like the old TT2's? from decades ago....

trick is, paying over a grand for wheels is out for me....just LOVE the style, they fit just fine with any car ever invented.....

:smash::loveletter:

That there looks like a chrome rim and aluminum spokes, the spokes can be painted a darker gray, but the chrome has to go, it has to be a brushed/matte aluminum.....like the old TT2's? from decades ago....

trick is, paying over a grand for wheels is out for me....just LOVE the style, they fit just fine with any car ever invented.....

Dang, you're fussy! :rolleyes:

Dang, you're fussy! :rolleyes:

I just turned 70, youngster......damn right I"m set in my ways....:smash::smash::stirpot:

Thank you sir! I am very lucky to have a great crew that can design, machine, fabricate & build cars..

Welcome Aboard!

Great CAD work and the execution is incredible. :thumbs:
Where were you a few years back when I started asking about C5 Cradles on a C3?

I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Cheers Jim

The wheels are like 15x9.5.. Do't know if the owner is gonna keep them..

Here is another one of our house race cars! 2002 Z06

20140326_100404_zps36ea832d.jpg

This FRC 1999 couple is fast on the Auto-X

IMG_3626_zps7e4def02.jpg

I just visited your Facebook page. Looks like you are getting into Vettes in a big way!

10168154_825559210804786_8714534533275694662_n.jpg

1554385_715313111844756_4698872142902464678_n.jpg