New from Texas

kingjason

New from Texas and finally bought my all time favorite Vette.
i picked up this looker(LOL) of an 82 for a heck of a price. So far I have been working out the southern engineering on it that the prior owners were so fond of. I am really torn on my goals for this thing as it is my favorite muscle of all time and I even had sweet 74 Cuda and 79 Trans Am at one point.

Phase one
Get it running right in stock trim. I figured out all the injector woes on it now even with new plugs it is firing wrong. Me and my old man are gonna check tommorrow for TDC and see if the ole distributor isnt out 180.

Cant decide if I want to, keep the cross fire, slap on a custom radiator/electric fan set up, full length headers, de smog it, hypertech chip(I have in a box), Renegade intake, better fuel pump, revamp the brakes and call it a day. It already had true duals and a hollowed cat when I got it. I am very curious how much HP this would put me at.
Orrrrrr
After I get the electric fans set up, carb it, and set up a turbo system, and eventually set it up with full custom suspension and the works.
Its only money right. LOL I love driving older cars with style and in my opinion its cheaper to build a killer muscle car then it is to buy a new Vette or Camaro.
IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the motley crew....

and I am interested in what you decide to do....

obviously it depends on your use of the car....from DD to balls out race, and then what KIND of racing....

good to see a old vette come back, .....:yahoo:

I just like projects. No racing and not really a daily either as I have my old ragged Bronco and HD for that. To be honest I would like race performance in a very streetable package. Even thought about having griffin build me some kinda dual radiator set up for under the tank in bank then plumb it all up like we do rock crawlers. I think it would run cooler and leave more room for the turbo if I went that route. I have been helping my old man build street rods from the ground up since I was like 8 and could hold a wrench. Now almost at the big 40 you would think I would just buy new but noooooo. LOL
Heres my ole Bronco I just finished.
IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

Yeh, my son Tom is into driving his Jeep all over the NW mountains....so lotsa off roading there....

I like freeways....a little easier on the ass age 66 here....

:harhar::bonkers::goodnight:

Welcome and nice find.
My next one will be a C3 as well.

I'm sorta the same way about cars. Very few of them have any real appeal (other than comfort) over the older rides, and none of them are wort (IMO) what they charge for them.

I've got an old 89 FJ62 landcruiser for an off roader and hump around all day in an 08 Scion for work (gas mileage is great). Then again, I'll do several hundred miles a day on occasion.

Will look forward to seeing what you're doing with the vette.
Mo' pics please (when it stops snowing).