Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Electrical & Ignition

Old 08-22-2017, 08:59 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (57)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhil View Post
84, do they illuminate immediately in front of the car or is it shadowed?

I don't really care for the square lights with flush cover. They are simple & clean, but I just don't like them. I'll either leave the stock ones or do the FIA ones.
I've thought that I'd vacuum mold my own FIA covers before I'd pay what people are asking for them. I think one form is all you need, just trim it for left and right.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:21 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (63)

I installed the electric mod buying the brackets and wiring from a guy on Vetmods. I love the stock look powered by electric. The only other one I seen was a black vette that the lights were removed and installed under the bumper. I don't think that's legal though. Looks smooth...

If you can change your thoughts,...
You can change your world...
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRountree View Post
I installed the electric mod buying the brackets and wiring from a guy on Vetmods. I love the stock look powered by electric. The only other one I seen was a black vette that the lights were removed and installed under the bumper. I don't think that's legal though. Looks smooth...
A neighbor friend with a chrome shark had the lights in the grill area, nicely done....BUT his car was not subject to Maryland 'safety' inspection....here in Florida NO car inspections at all, ever.....nice.....he was going to move up the road to Pa. or NJ never heard how he made out....AS I RECALL min height to center of beam was 18"
Old 08-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Australia | Addict

My Photos: (161)

I have those FIA things,
You can fit them without drilling new holes in the body. The clear covers can be held in different manners still without drilling the body, this was my aim about it just in case I want to go original again.
The lights will sit lower and deeper in the body, thus cutting some Lumens or power. Some racers notched the bottom of the opening to compensate, and had the outside right light looking left ,and the outside left looking right ! Le Mans style
The covers are handed.
I know that you have checked Google for Corvette FIA lights pictures, so many ways how to fit and trim them.
But if you are not about the racing look, I would go for an electric set up. Better choice now than 2 or 3 years ago.