Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Other Cars

Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Only outfit I know of who maybe can help is YEAR ONE, maybe they have some leads....

there was some activity on the Buick 455 years ago, but engine was cancelled along with all else in '78, I know Pontiac shipped the last of their engines in '79 for some of the trans ams....

Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

I owned a 69 Buick Skylark with a 350 automatic. I bought it around 1971 with around 40K on the clock. It was one of the nicest cars I have owned and the engine was trouble free. The guy I sold it to lived in the neighborhood and his wife drove that car well over 100K and he once told me how much she enjoyed it and how well it performed. It was never a fast car, but for cruising perfect. The only reason I sold it was to buy a 72 GTO at a price I couldn't pass up. If your engine had be cared for, just do regular maintence on it and go cruisin! BTW...nice car, have fun!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 AM

Red, you a olde Goat driver too eh??....
Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 AM
United States | Fast Pedalphile

My Photos: (1)

Thanks to all for the compliments. My plans are to install a 4 bbl. intake, the old Quadrajet from my 'Vette and dual exhaust, pretty much keeping it stock. I also plan on doing a front disc brake conversion.

Resident Deviate
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeVeeEight View Post
Thanks to all for the compliments. My plans are to install a 4 bbl. intake, the old Quadrajet from my 'Vette and dual exhaust, pretty much keeping it stock. I also plan on doing a front disc brake conversion.
Your best source is Carlisle for most of those parts you will need, you need bone up on your needs really good so to get the right shit....

Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Quote:
Your best source is Carlisle for most of those parts you will need, you need bone up on your needs really good so to get the right shit....

I found a great place for the Buick crowd at v8buick.com - they are very helpful and have a great parts/cars for sale/wanted section.

I have already located a tilt column, gauge set (to replace idiot lights), a 4 bbl intake manifold, washer nozzles and more on the forum....
Old 02-13-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I found a great place for the Buick crowd at v8buick.com - they are very helpful and have a great parts/cars for sale/wanted section.

I have already located a tilt column, gauge set (to replace idiot lights), a 4 bbl intake manifold, washer nozzles and more on the forum....
Gauge set surprises me, that was hard to get the actual GTO gauges for that Lemans I had....20 years ago....
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gauge set surprises me, that was hard to get the actual GTO gauges for that Lemans I had....20 years ago....
I was both pleased and surprised to find a gauge set - a little pricey but a stock unit. As we all know - idiot lights are useless, there's no substitute for gauges.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM

I haven't posted in a while so I'll update things. I have been upgrading the old Skylark a bit. I found a very user friendly forum for Buick owners - V8 Buick.com - and have been able to source almost all of my parts from the group there. So far I have installed a factory tilt column and ditched the idiot lights for a full set of factory gauges. The front end has had a complete rebuild including new springs, new springs were installed in the rear also. After the front end was done I had it aligned, then we installed a new tail pipe to complete the exhaust. There were quite a few electrical gremlins that got chased down and eliminated. I have purchased a set of factory rally wheels, the combo I have on now does not fit well. I also have a new gas tank and sending unit on the way. I ditched the 13" aftermarket steering wheel and dyed a spare Corvette Steering wheel I had (black) and installed it in the Skylark. There are a few interior items that I need to source and replace, nothing too drastic. I also need to get the convertible frame and top installed. Fortunately the car is driveable and can be enjoyed throughout the restoration! I'll post some pics in a few days.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:22 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

I like that gas pedal,