Long time ago 2 Today

Geoff Coenen

Bridgeport, CT - the peaceful park city

Just .6 miles from my warehouse or just a 3 minute walk is the Auto Zone. I've been there for parts like flashers, fuses, etc – but would not walk there. The initial newspaper report identified McDonalds as the location, which has now been revised to the Auto Zone which one store away from McD. In between them is a Safelite location which incidentally is where a photo showed 3 Police Officers standing & looking down at something. https://www.doingitlocal.com/2021/02/derby-man-shot-in-bridgeport/

Unfortunately a 27 YO man was shot 4 times in the arm & abdomen & is now in critical condition. For safety reasons, a year or so ago we stopped using the back streets to get to the warehouse & thus went by this route. With the china virus we have seldom traveled there and thus avoided even this route. That's about the only plus about this disease.

There have been a number of other local shootings, plus homicides but – as if it matters – they have not been as close.
I'm sure those in power with their publicly paid body guards will want to further limit the 2nd amendment for any of the law abiding citizens – even thought I'd bet my fortune the shooter was not a licensed gun owner with a legal maximum 10 shot magazine.

If the Map Shows up – here are some interesting Landmarks.

B = Bridgeport Machines (RIP) building razed to a vacant lot. They helped win WWII with their machine tools & were part of the Arsenal of Democracy. There are several millers in my building used by Mohawk Tool & Die – a subcon for my plastic Corvette repro's.

P = Producto Machines (sold to Moore Tool) this location now owned by City of Bpt Public Works. I have several of their die sets. As many of you know they hold the top & bottom dies in place for metal stamping tooling. Very heavy steel fixtures that ensue the forming dies mate together properly.

A = AutoZone where cheap imported car parts are distributed

S = Safelite where auto glass is distributed

W = Welfare Office which is called Social Services by the government. At one time I counted over 100 Chevettes in the parking lot used by case workers. The car maintenance contract for 100 Chevettes must have been a beauty. Less cars today; probably you apply & are interviewed over the net even before the virus. In warm weather "someone" sets up a folding table outside to sign up folk for the nobamaphones. I told my wife I'd like to get one. I'd just say - I just got out of the joint & I don't have a job & am crashing behind a friends business on Wells St. Betcha I could get one.

1020603ab3559a89d.jpg