Selling 1979 C3 project car w/ loads of parts

Imo Apita

Transmission went south last week that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

For sale is my Corvette Stingray project.
Has been my daily driver for the last 4 years as I was collecting parts for my restoration.
Have finally realized that this project is too big and time consuming for me.
Too much work and no time to spend on my project.
My loss is your gain, I'll never recoup what I've put in this project but is has to go.

The Car:
This is a 1979 C3 Corvette Stingray with a stock SBC 350 (L48) and a 3 speed TH350 automatic transmission.
It has the Daytona body package with a lower front spoiler and the rear wing. In the 4 years I have driven this car I have only ever seen one other C3 with this rear wing.
The hood is a fairly rare and unique Twin Turbo Daytona hood as designed by Greenwood Corvette, it took me three years to find.
Do a Google search on Greenwood Corvette and look for the Daytona Corvette. Yes, it has that hood.
The wheels in the first picture are not the wheels installed now, it DOES have the 1977 aluminum "deep dish" Corvette wheels as shown in the third picture
It has the smoke glass T-tops and I also have a fabric top.
The car runs but the engine has a bad camshaft and three cylinders are bad, I've driven it that way for the last year.
The transmission slips real bad but it will drive onto a trailer.
THIS IS A PROJECT so most electrics do not work, headlights are slow but go up. Windows need new regulators.
Interior needs to be redone.

The following parts are INCLUDED in the sale:

• The original stock hood
  • 5th original 1977 aluminum wheel (spare).
  • 1974 2-bolt SBC engine block bored .030 over and clearanced for a stroker crank, all work done by local machine shop for $700
  • Brand new never used 383 stroker rotating assembly with an Eagle cast crankshaft, forged flat top pistons, chrome moly piston rings, connecting rods, bought from Skip White for $1000
  • Brand new never used Dart Pro 1 Aluminum Cylinder heads with the 2.02 valves which are included
  • Offenhauser Dual Port aluminum intake manifold, fairly rare, big hit in the 70-ies, never used
  • Three carburators that are all rebuildable, two Quadrajets and one Edelbrock.
  • Intended to convert to a 5-speed manual so a T-45 5-speed transmission from a 1997 Ford Mustang GT is included, the T-45 has the higher HP/torque rating and is used by Keisler Engineering for their aftermarket C3 Corvette transmissions. Do a search on the internet for Keislerauto. The transmission will need a synchro rebuild or used a a core exchange.
  • Main stud girdle to stabilize the bottom end, stronger then a 4-bolt block
  • Two valve train girdles, one 7/16th the other 3/8th, never used.
  • Morell solid roller lifters
  • Aluminum roller rockers, full roller, not just the tip but the trunnion also, polylocks included

Since I have no use for anything SBC anymore I will also throw in a set of bare 1969 SBC double hump "fuelie" 461 heads, these are worth in the $250-$350 range for the period correct rebuilder.
I prefer to sell as one package, empty out my shed all at once.
For now not really interested in splitting up but if you really want something send me a message.

Last edited:
Damn, man, sorry to hear about it. Is a transmission really a show stopper for you? I would think you would need to upgrade it when you drop in the 383 anyway.

If I fix this transmission I'm still left with a project car, an engine in pieces and no money to build it.
What is embarrassing are all the big plans, I was going to do this and that and it never happened.
The plan was to convert to 5 speed by using a T-45 out of a '97 Mustang GT.
I have bought a little 1980 BMW 320 from a schoolkid for $800 which is my get around town car.:censored: If we need to go anywhere serious we take my wife's car.
I just don't have a place to store and work on the car, no garage, just a carport.

So I got "Sanduskied" on eBay by a bogus buyer with no feedback so everything is still available.
Willing to trade for car/trucks, boats/jetskis, motor cycles, baby strollers, whatever you have.

Some pics:

d5e4b77c.jpg
11b5f186.jpg
11184fdc.jpg
6e1d55f8.jpg
4fc3f92a.jpg
7e5e3c12.jpg

So I got "Sanduskied" on eBay by a bogus buyer with no feedback so everything is still available.
Sorry to hear that, and sad to have you leaving the Corvette-owner-on-a-budget club.
Those bargain contests were fun.:drink:

Thanks Denpo, some very nice people here :thumbs:
I could hang on but it's unrealistic.
The car is in Naples, FL 34104 by the way.
You can call or text ***239***682***9651***