Interesting car on CL

rtj

This kind of neat, on Pittsburg CL right now.

This is a REAL CELEBERITY CAR. Purchased by MARIO ANDRETTI, one of the most famous race car drivers of all times. A lot of the original paper work has been autographed by Mario as well as the steering wheel and underneath the hood. This car is in excellent condition and has 43000 original miles. It has had several engine upgrades. It has a SLP cam shaft and ported and polished heads. It has a 52mm throttle body with a ported and polished intake & plenum. It has polished aluminum under drive pulleys and a performance computer chip. It has a Doug Nash 7 speed & 373 rear end gears. This car will run with the C5 corvettes. It has had extensive aluminium polish work on the engine and front suspension. This car has excellent white paint with a tan top and tan interior. The top has a couple blemishes but no rips or tears. The interior is very nice with no rips or tears. This car has the Z51 handling package. We got a Celebrity Pick Award at the 1999 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA. It is hard to put value on a Celebrity car but they seem to always increase in value. Feel free to call -------

There is only one, and to some people (not including me) $15k is peanuts.

One other thing is location. Up here most old cars are rusted out, so clean cars are, in general, much more expensive. Plus fewer corvettes on the market. If you drive south for a good car deal that isn't cheap either.

I left FL after 10 years and believe me it is a totally different market up north.

Actually, if you look at CL in Cleveland, Buffalo, and Pittsburg you will see most nice c4 verts have an asking price around $10k-$14k.

I've lived in a bunch of states and this region puts down an enormous amount of salt. So most old cars are rust buckets.

Wow, so much negativity! No wonder all the corvette forums are dead or dying.

Just an update. A couple of weeks after this thread stated, they dropped the price to $14000 and one week later it was gone.