New ZR-1

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
Cherry, MrsBirdswife, and I went to Doug and Liz Mariani's house today for dinner. (Thank you again) When up pulls a one day old ZR-1. Holy crap.
Doug and Cherry took it out for a ride, and I watched. I sat in it, but when offered to drive it, I passed. I don't want to have the responsibility. I tell you what. When that car peels out, you can HEAR it screaming.
Cherry said that car is just this side of crazy fast. Doug cannot wait to get his now.
Pictures after Cherry sends them to me.:D

Okay, fess up, who cleaned out vegas and bought a Z?? Not the old man again???

I'll probably never get to drive one on this side of the pond, with them costing about 270k here nobody can afford one

Nice color and I thought the car looked nice until I noticed the '68 in the background. Too bad they are sticking with that stodgy C6 design for the car.

Nice color and I thought the car looked nice until I noticed the '68 in the background. Too bad they are sticking with that stodgy C6 design for the car.

It's just a little swollen after eating a Viper for breakfast.:wink:

Actually the Viper ACR ate the ZR1 by over 4 seconds at Nurburgring. Expect much of the same on the american road courses as the results follow.

Actually the Viper ACR ate the ZR1 by over 4 seconds at Nurburgring. Expect much of the same on the american road courses as the results follow.

4 seconds over 7 1/2 minutes can be the driver or the weather. Doesn't mean squat.

What means "squat" is the fact that GM put a hell of a lot more time, preparation and laps on the course than Chrysler did and still got owned.

P.S. That ZR1 won't be eating my Viper, since mine is scheduled to go for twin turbos in 2 weeks. It's funny how 640hp doesn't seem like a whole lot compared to 1500 hp. :lol:

Just remember no matter how bad or fast you think your car is,there is always somebody that is faster.

Just remember no matter how bad or fast you think your car is,there is always somebody that is faster.

I can live with that as long as it is another Viper (which it would have to be, wouldn't it?). My point was that the new vette is still lacking in appearance compared to the old ones. Then bigbird tried to take a little dig at me, saying that the ZR1 would eat my Viper. I merely corrected the accuracy of his statement.

I can live with that as long as it is another Viper (which it would have to be, wouldn't it?). My point was that the new vette is still lacking in appearance compared to the old ones. Then bigbird tried to take a little dig at me, saying that the ZR1 would eat my Viper. I merely corrected the accuracy of his statement.

Apples and Oranges. :cool:

The C6 is not a terrible looking car, like the Nissan GTR but it could be better. That's all I'm saying. The corvettes have been off the mark in appearance since 1984. It's getting better but if you look in that pic with the C3 in the background, it is obvious what is wrong with the new vette.