700R4 lockup speeds?

BangkokDean

Well I have the trans shifting OK, but it does not go into converter lockup till 75 MPH. then when In drop below 75 it disconnects. The RPMs 2,200 @ 75 mph when it does lockup it drops to 1,850 rpms

I don't drive 75 MPH so how can I get the lock up to kick in around 55 or 60?

Last edited:
That is controlled on my car by the computer, which of course has a VSS in line with the speedo cable....wish mine didn't lock up untill 50 or so, but whoever did the chip has it locking up at 35-40, which is too soon for the roads here....

if you don't have a computer, inside the pan on the brain, there maybe a pressure switch on the 4th gear control valve, and that would ground the lo side of the lockup control valve, same as the computer......maybe to try that, that way obviously no lockup untill in o/drive....:thumbs::smash:

That is controlled on my car by the computer, which of course has a VSS in line with the speedo cable....wish mine didn't lock up untill 50 or so, but whoever did the chip has it locking up at 35-40, which is too soon for the roads here....

if you don't have a computer, inside the pan on the brain, there maybe a pressure switch on the 4th gear control valve, and that would ground the lo side of the lockup control valve, same as the computer......maybe to try that, that way obviously no lockup untill in o/drive....:thumbs::smash:

Well I do have a computer so how do I get the lock up to kick in at say 60 mph?

Do I need a new prom created?

or someone to reburn your cal pack/chip.....:surrender:

So where can I buy a new chip that will let the lockup kick in at say 50 or 60 mph?

So where can I buy a new chip that will let the lockup kick in at say 50 or 60 mph?

What computer do you have??? mine is 1227730 speed density L98 style...

www.pcmforless.com

Alvin Anderson
7312 Claymont Dr. `Charlotte Nc, 28227

Yeh, the 7730 computer is the same as I have....I have several of them for ten bux each outta junkyards years ago.....I also have a chip/calpac or two laying around, but would have to play games with them to determine what was what....too long a time they just setting in a can on the shelf.....I"m SO highly organized....:eek::twitch:

Send me an email so to remind me to not forget, thing is I have some major home remodeling project coming up, a gutted sect 8 housing that been stripped naked so going to be a while before I can do much with the vette, much less in 90F+ temps and 110% humidity....age 70 just not used to that anymore.....dem daze is over wit......

:surrender: