"go pack sand!"

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
like i said in another thread i figured out what the problems were with my holley carb (aside from the fact that i hate them and don't know how to work on them). i need a new float for the rear bowl and diapragm for the vacuum secondary pot. so i go looking through the jegs catalog and they have them at $9.99 for each.
a local chain (checker/schucks/kragen) advertises that they'll match any published price. so i take my catalog up there and pull the two parts off the shelf and take them to the register.
i ask the guy, "you guys still matching prices, right?"
him, "i think, hang on and i'll check. hey, [manager dude], do we still do price matching?"
manager dude: "um, ya, i think so. but i think we charge shipping."
what the feck?
so i can come in and pull parts off the goddamn shelf and they want to charge me shipping too?
i buy from jegs because summit put a warehouse here in NV so they charge me sales tax on orders. now, i'm a free market type so if it's between paying UPS $20 to ship something to me or uncle scam $20 in taxes, i'll give my cash to UPS. these crackers want me to give cash to both UPS (well, them actually) *and* uncle scam.
ya, go pack sand feckers.

Yeh, I hear you, that shit drives me crazy too, :shocking: (yeh, don't say it, short trip I hear)......but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush....

so what was the final price differential on how much worth of parts....????

:devil:

difference was only about $4 but i'm not giving them any more dough after that little stunt. i'll just put it on my next order with jegs. unless i decide to just go with the reman edelbrock instead.

I got a AVS Carter setting on the shelf....but don't know the size....

it's a square bore....was intended for the truck years ago...but never did it....

you want it, it's yours...just send postage...I have a kit for a AFB, but not sure it fits a AVS or not....

:eek: