Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Other Cars

Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 PM
United States | Fast Pedalphile

My Photos: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYBAD79 View Post
not all are crooks.... unfortunately it's easier to find the bad shops..... that grill looks sweet, any pics of it on the car ?
Not yet. I am still waiting for it.

It's sad really, about the old repair shop I worked with. I was with them for over 5 years, I never questioned their prices or procedures. They were more or less efficient with our newer cars although they blew smoke up my missus' ass one day about a power door lock repair on her Mountaineer. I went back and gave them a loud and unpleasant raft of shit for that one. When it came to repowering first the 'Vette, then the Buick, is when the trouble started. It seems that their machine shop pretty much fell on it's face which is surprising because they have a terrific reputation for doing race engines. I guess that they don't give a crap about the low end work and let the night watchman do the job. In the end it cost them a good customer.

Resident Deviate
Old 09-09-2014, 11:25 PM

It's been a while since I have posted but I have some pictures to share.

I swapped out the 2 barrel carb and manifold for a 4 barrel. I converted the hot air spring choke to an electric one, and in this picture you can see the new engine wiring harness under the electric choke. The next picture still shows the old harness after I cut and spliced the ugly parts.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

It wasn't easy but I was able to find the right idle solenoid for to compensate for the drag of the A/C compressor

All stock appearing. New A/C hoses too.

Bat wing sport wheel courtesy of a mid 80's Cutlass. Tilt column, factory gauges and factory style aftermarket in dash tach. Deleted the Joe Dirt gas pedal cover. 6" Sony's in some aftermarket kick panels.

Last edited by DeeVeeEight; 09-10-2014 at 01:46 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 11:59 PM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (243)

I thought you sold that?
Old 09-10-2014, 12:09 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Looks just like a neighbor kid's ride.....back in the mid 90's......been a while, and I had the Lemans/GTO vert equivalent ride....being a kid, he was just able to keep it on the road.....and never asked for much help that I recall, NICE CAR!!! LOVE them A body convertibles.....drop a 455 in it and haul ASS.....

Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBShark View Post
I thought you sold that?
I thought I might have to but no, I sold the customized 77 'Vette I bought last year. This one is a little too nice for me to part with it willingly.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Looks just like a neighbor kid's ride.....back in the mid 90's......been a while, and I had the Lemans/GTO vert equivalent ride....being a kid, he was just able to keep it on the road.....and never asked for much help that I recall, NICE CAR!!! LOVE them A body convertibles.....drop a 455 in it and haul ASS.....

A 455 would be FUN ! ! ! I just don't have the FUNDS ! ! ! Besides, the 'Vette is for going fast, the Buick is my cruiser.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeVeeEight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post

A 455 would be FUN ! ! ! I just don't have the FUNDS ! ! ! Besides, the 'Vette is for going fast, the Buick is my cruiser.
Late 80's early 90's I had a 20' Bayliner with 4 cyl Volvo engine I put DPFI on and ran it with a GM computer from a similar size 4 cyl engine....2 liter...used to take the 455 YH code '70 lemans/GTO convertible up over the mountains past Fredrick Md, on I 70 hit South Mountain at 80, and open that thing up to topping 100 mph at the Appalachian Trail arches....I had that thing set up with all the tricks available....the boat gained 3 props sizes for the FI install....clocking 100 mph with top down, and kids in back sort of blew them away.....
Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

That's a nice looking ride!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:49 PM
United States | Master-Baiter

My Photos: (314)

Looks nice! But why the ground wire going to the choke? Doesn't it ground through the carb?
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Vette View Post
Looks nice! But why the ground wire going to the choke? Doesn't it ground through the carb?
It does ground through the carb, but not directly through the body, it goes through the choke linkage. I was watching it make little sparks through the linkage one day and thought it might be a good idea to install the ground wire.