Amazing what baffles will do

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Ever since I dropped that rebuilt engine in my car some four years ago I've had a persistent oil leak coming out of the valve covers. I originally had the factory magneseum covers on and it would blow out around the PCV holes, which I had converted to breathers with just these cheap push in things. Last year I picked up a pair of circle track covers and did some mod work to put a single breather tower on each cover. I then used the push in breather just to plug the holes. I figured with all this breathing in the covers, I shouldn't be pumping any more oil, but alas, drip, drip, drip. Actually, it was embarrassing and a little scary as I would get smoke burning off the headers whenever I sat at a stop light.
I finally got tired of the mess and smoke last weekend and made some baffles to bolt into the covers. I'm not happy that I had to drill into the valve covers but I have not had any oil burning/leaking since installing these home-made baffles. I put a HV pump in and I know the thing kicks a bunch of oil up in the head but looks like all the oil I was leaking was from oil just flooding the breather tubes.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Amazing how hot exhaust pipes attract oil. Spill a quart in your garage and it'll find its way on to a header collector. :evil:

Amazing how hot exhaust pipes attract oil. Spill a quart in your garage and it'll find its way on to a header collector. :evil:

Not to mention what manages to actually miss the collector will hit the floor and look like someone dumped a 5 gallon bucket.......:gurney:

Not to mention what manages to actually miss the collector will hit the floor and look like someone dumped a 5 gallon bucket.......:gurney:

U seen my floor, and can attest it's NOT just oil.....

but every compound short of jet plane tech....

and maybe some of that too from decades past.....

and it's ON there too....

:crap: