always check for nutral

BangkokDean

I left the corvette with my friends shop to fix the A/C and when he started it in gear it lunged into a chevy van in front of it and .....ouch. the nose is damaged and the top of the right door and roof from hitting his tool stand.

I feel sorry for him as he must have felt bad as he knows how well I take care of the car. He will send it to the body shop that originally painted it so they are good painters and should fix it well.The body shop owes him for sending loads of high end cars so he says they won't charge him.
He has worked on my cars for over 8 years and is usually very careful.
It seams he just opened the door and with his right foot depressed the clutch to start it but did not check to see if it was in gear or not. Luckily he did not get injured and the van has a strong bumper so no damage to the steel bumper.

If he depressed the clutch, what made it lunge forward?
He was not fully in the car he just had his right foot on the clutch to start it. You can't start it until the clutch is engaged.So when he lifted his foot it lunged and it must have throne him out.

Last edited:
well, the good news is you know they do good work and i'll be fixed..... but is that body filler on the bumper??? looks like it's pretty thick..... or is it the fiberglass I'm looking at?? hard to tell with the rflections in the photo....

well, the good news is you know they do good work and i'll be fixed..... but is that body filler on the bumper??? looks like it's pretty thick..... or is it the fiberglass I'm looking at?? hard to tell with the rflections in the photo....

Fiberglass....

make sure the take all the cracked fiberglass out, not just sand and topcoat with filler.... it doens't look like a big deal, first I thought it was a stock urethan bumper with a 1/8" thick coat of bondo ... lol

The vette was painted in 2004 and has held up quite well. The only problem has been on the right fender and one spot on the hood, when is is hot and the motor is hot a couple gas bubbles appear and go away when cool.

I just hope they can match the paint on the roof to blend it in.

I guess it will be some time till I get the car back.....:hissyfit:

The vette was painted in 2004 and has held up quite well. The only problem has been on the right fender and one spot on the hood, when is is hot and the motor is hot a couple gas bubbles appear and go away when cool.

I just hope they can match the paint on the roof to blend it in.

I guess it will be some time till I get the car back.....:hissyfit:

I had a similar problem on my hood, a BB bulge on a stock/flat hood, and it was reworked here, trick is, the silly thing would get a bubble in the blending area and it kept recurring.....I finally got pissed off and cut out under the bulge, and got really close to the area from underneath, filled it with glass compound, and no more issues....water was getting to it from underside...and steaming off when hot....:crutches: