Rats ate my wiring

Wow, today's car wiring insulation is biodegradable!?!?
Restoration gonna be fun in 20 years if even possible.

Wow, today's car wiring insulation is biodegradable!?!?
Restoration gonna be fun in 20 years if even possible.

i have wiring on spools of various gauges and colors, some of which dates back to WW2 bought in the 50's yet from a local .mil surplus electronics dealer and supply houses through the decades, stuff is brand new still Teflon on much of it....so It has been used in some spots on my car, but mainly the wiring is reworked stock wiring and for some reason the insulation maybe a bit stiff, but not cracking or peeling, nothing rong with it, but all thicker portions are covered with that spiral wrap looking black covering, and tie wrapped as necessary, like a new car....:nuts:

One of these days I need to fix the wiring for the integrated trailer light/braking system in my 2010 GMC. Squirrels got it.

I don't know about biodegradable wiring, but vermin have been chewing on normal plastic wiring since the stuff was invented.

One of these days I need to fix the wiring for the integrated trailer light/braking system in my 2010 GMC. Squirrels got it.

I don't know about biodegradable wiring, but vermin have been chewing on normal plastic wiring since the stuff was invented.

I been lucky, but every time I see/hear anything to do with rats/vermin/roaches/bugs, I bomb hell outta the areas with poisons last go round I must have few about 8 boxes out in the storeroom over a2 week period.....one every other night, the tray pellet type green crap....:smash::smash::twitch:

My dad did that...once. Goddamn mouse died inside the Corvette's dashboard. That was NOT fun.

I was under the impression that rodents ran off to look for water after eating the poisons, and yes, I had some scratching around in the kitchen ceiling from the 'attic'/roof area, and the noises went away after the 'food'....no stains or smells for over a years now....:noworry:

Just as often, they start feeling sick and go back to their nesting place to die. Also, poisoned mice can kill cats or other animals that eat them, and that you might not be trying to kill.

Just as often, they start feeling sick and go back to their nesting place to die. Also, poisoned mice can kill cats or other animals that eat them, and that you might not be trying to kill.

Wife started feeding stray cats out front, starting with Roofis, who was noticed camping out on our roof, never wanted to be inside raised HELL over it, so kitty came to be some 16 y/o we figger....and some other strays joined in the party......well the other two were killed by escaped Pitt bulls that roam around at night once in a while....1/4 acre lots so no idea who owns them.....two of them killed at one shot, and wooden we know, Roofis was found dead on neighbor's front porch not a week later....bleeding from the mouth the other two were severely mauled.....out two indoor cats go out back into the fenced yard, and seem happy enough there, they don't wander far.....oh well....:goodevil:

My indoor cats don't go outside, but I have an incredibly friendly neighborhood feral that I also take care of. He's (well, formerly "he") been living on my enclosed porch for a few weeks, one of the unfriendly local feral cats tore a big hole in his leg that required stitches. I'm not letting him out to roam until it's healed. The silly bugger thinks everyone and everything is his friend, he keeps trying to make friends with my cranky old female indoor cat, and when she hisses at him, he just gets a really confused look on his face.