Hi to all from Italy

danielepiacenza

Hi guys,
I'm writing from Italy, exatly from Piacenza (near Milan). First of all, apoligise me for my bad english, but I'm learnig now.

I'm the luky driver of a wonderful vette 1971, 454. My car come from Naples (FL). I have it from 5 months and I have make around 4000 miles and I'm so happy!!:cool:

Just a week ago I have had a probem with my rear end. My differential is complitely broken in all parts:hissyfit:, but I have just order a new one from Duntov.

I'm very happy to be here.

Attachments

• DSC01697.JPG
    DSC01697.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01701.JPG
    DSC01701.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01711.JPG
    DSC01711.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC01715.JPG
    DSC01715.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9381.JPG
    IMG_9381.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to VetteMod!!

You are not the only one to break a rear end. With a 454, it's not difficult.

Welcome Daniel
North West Italy is a beautiful place. We were just there in October of last year. We spent time at lake Como then traveled south to Siena. Passed through Piacenza I think? Good thing I didn't have my Corvette, I would probably be in jail the way you guys drive over there. :lol:

thum_174ae067e982a89.jpgthum_174ae067eacc123.jpg

Bullshark

Hi Daniel, welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

...but I have just order a new one from Duntov...

It might have been prudent to join first then ask about a decent vendor. I hope you don't messed around by Duntov but they used to operate under the name of fastcorvette.com and they were arseholes.

Actually, they were complete and utter pricks and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. I ordered a set of brake calipers from them and it took MONTHS for them to get to me and when I opened the box, there were no brake lines or brake pads that I'd also ordered. In all the time I waited, I would email them trying to find out where my order was but they would either fob me off with one lie or another or just ignore my email. One answer I got was that they'd been too busy too search for brake pads (in their own damn warehouse) as they were getting their race car ready for Sebring!

Oh, by the time the calipers made it to me, the "special" red paint I'd paid extra for, was already flaking off where brake fluid had touched it.

I hope everything goes well for you, but be prepared for a L O N G wait and crap product and service.

Welcome Daniel
I would probably be in jail the way you guys drive over there. :lol:

thum_174ae067e982a89.jpgthum_174ae067eacc123.jpg

Bullshark

That is true:quote:!
I also know one guy who write here (gtr999) and I appreciate the know how of him, and also I really appreciate the kindness and courtesy of this person.

About me, now I have buy with hurry and I know is a bad things, but I have a projet for my car concerning the engine, the rear end, ecc.

In this little period I have the car, I have change the bumper ( it was an hard job because the hole was not correct.
http://picasaweb.google.it/dani.cellulare/MontaggioParaurti?feat=directlink
I have had a problem with electic wire and I replace them with new silicon ones.
http://picasaweb.google.it/dani.cellulare/RipristinoImpiantoElettricoAccensione?feat=directlink

I like to work on my car. I think the american way for build the car is the best because is simple end efficient. Compliments.

Hi Daniel, welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

...but I have just order a new one from Duntov...

It might have been prudent to join first then ask about a decent vendor. I hope you don't messed around by Duntov but they used to operate under the name of fastcorvette.com and they were arseholes.

Actually, they were complete and utter pricks and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. I ordered a set of brake calipers from them and it took MONTHS for them to get to me and when I opened the box, there were no brake lines or brake pads that I'd also ordered. In all the time I waited, I would email them trying to find out where my order was but they would either fob me off with one lie or another or just ignore my email. One answer I got was that they'd been too busy too search for brake pads (in their own damn warehouse) as they were getting their race car ready for Sebring!

Oh, by the time the calipers made it to me, the "special" red paint I'd paid extra for, was already flaking off where brake fluid had touched it.

I hope everything goes well for you, but be prepared for a L O N G wait and crap product and service.

Please, no!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
The only things because I buy from Duntov is the hurry. They seid to me that all is ready for shipment in 2 busines days. I'm sorry for your story, but I hope i will have a good end for my, I realy hope because a need my car like the air.
Is true that someone said to me that this company don't work wery good for the money I spend, but is the only that have a differential ready in stock.
Crossing your finger form me.

Member here Gary GTR is the fellow to contact about differentials/rears....

I hope your purchase works out for you, best of luck man...

on your side of the pond, maybe Twin Turbo can help, just a bit closer to you....

and...

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....

:bump:

Wela....
one more Italian guy down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the worst thing is that i know ths guy!:hi:... hehehehe I'm joking of course...

How are you Daniele?.... nice to read you in the most technical forum of the web!

Welcome...my diff lasted about 50k miles before the BB and driving habits (previous owner of course) killed it:D

Please, no!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
The only things because I buy from Duntov is the hurry. They seid to me that all is ready for shipment in 2 busines days. I'm sorry for your story, but I hope i will have a good end for my, I realy hope because a need my car like the air.
Is true that someone said to me that this company don't work wery good for the money I spend, but is the only that have a differential ready in stock.
Crossing your finger form me.
I hope it goes ok for you mate. Fingers crossed that they changed their ethics along with the name...

Wela....
one more Italian guy down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the worst thing is that i know ths guy!:hi:... hehehehe I'm joking of course...

How are you Daniele?.... nice to read you in the most technical forum of the web!

Hi Pier,
here you are??!!!!:drink: The other guys have to know that you are the best techincal corvette-man in all over Italy.:1st:

Thanks to all, I'm here for learn (the language too) technics and opinion.

I'm waiting good news, but yesterday Duntov don't answer to my email and this is not a good sign:evil:

...I'm waiting good news, but yesterday Duntov don't answer to my email and this is not a good sign:evil:
If that useless bitch Kymberlee Anderson is still the supposed "office manager", she'll come up with a truly believable excuse too. She'll even manage to sound sympathetic...

Hi, good news. My differential was shipped today. Realy I daon't heve jet the tracking number, but I hope is true the diff. is in the hands of UPS.

Stay connect

WELCOME

Sorry I don't know a word of Italian....(I did take a year of Latin in High School, that helps a little. )

"panic" is a regular poster to Vettemod and he speaks/writes Italian. His home is Italy, but I think he also travels to Spain often.

WELCOME

Sorry I don't know a word of Italian....(I did take a year of Latin in High School, that helps a little. )

"panic" is a regular poster to Vettemod and he speaks/writes Italian. His home is Italy, but I think he also travels to Spain often.

Thanks for information. now I have the traking number and the pack is in Europo from 2 hours. When I will see tge new diff and put it in the rear of my car, I could say if all will be ok.:thumbs:

WELCOME

Thanks for information. now I have the traking number and the pack is in Europo from 2 hours. When I will see tge new diff and put it in the rear of my car, I could say if all will be ok.:thumbs:
Sounds good mate, keep us informed...

WELCOME

Sounds good mate, keep us informed...

yes, I do. The final questions will be: How is the differential built?
Sure not good how Gary, I know, but I hope it will be quite good for resist 3K or 4K miles. It this time I will ship my old differential case to US for rebuilt it by a good mechanic. ( I hope Gary have time, but is a dreem).