another vintge nut from new jersey

mold99

thank you for the ability to join a group like this. i have owned a mold, tool and die shop in north jersey for the last 37 years, and am heartened by the ambition and ability of you guys and gals. my industry has been overlooked and left to die by the government, and in the future you hobbiests and gearheads will be our best source of creative talent to help our country survive, not everything can be done on the computer, hands on is what made us great. enough soapboxing, i am on my fifth and last corvette, (what i tell the wife), a 74 original 454 4 spd. that is very original except for the first owner, (i am the second), building the motor about 10k mi ago in 1988. still looks great and runs better and fills my need for fast. i am still changing things to suit my tastes as my creaky bones allow and look forward to the spring when the old girl can come out again and make me feel like a youngster. if you have any questions about machining or projects that i can help with, or just want to chat, drop me an email. i have a full cnc machine shop at my home now that really helps me to work on the car and keep me out of the house!!!

tom

Welcome to the motley crew.....

I have a thread about some invention/project but it has to be made overseas, yet again....so if you have anything to add there on on PM to me, I would appreciate it, surely you know mucho more than I do....

:crutches::friends:

Hi Tom, welcome! I'm also from north Jersey and I am also a tool and die maker.. I agree 100% of what you said in your post as I work with young engineers here that don't even know what a micrometer is. Sad! O well good to see you here ..

Danny

Welcome! Glad to see some more people from NJ on here :drink:

And dont give up on us young engineers just yet! I know what a micrometer is :lol:

I'm 54...what's a micro-meter?:confused::rofl::rofl:(JFWY).
Good to have you aboard.

Lets see some pics of that vette brother!

So, again, welcome to the site...good folks, good information, and not a lot of attitude.

Enjoy!
:drink:

Nice to have you with us Tom, we surely need a young tallented crafts man like you here on VetteMod! :hi: ...

Arne

Welcome to Vettemod...even if you are from Joisey....ha ha. I am a New Yorker by birth-Texan by choice)...GO JETS!