Modified 63

00fxd

Does anyone feel like giving an opinion of value for this car?
I have a friend who would like to aquire it. I think it would be a ton of fun if purchased for a reasonable $. Had it up on a hoist. The frame and birdcage look really good. Engine crisp. Aftermarket hood. ALL the mechanicals for the headlites are gone - they are just floating [very bad]. Took it for a drive. It wanders but the upgraded later disc brakes all the way around stop it the way they should. Rr wheel bearings seem tight, needs a clutch. My friend is an accomplished car guy, has a fleet of classics now. No plans to restore - just roar around and have fun. Might have some extra value being a '63 coupe. For some reason the side pipes are dummies. Any other observations? If anyone feels like decoding the # plates ...
"The brakes are good and the tires fair....."
IMG_1101.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg

L88 style flares are not original either but I do like them w/ this color.

Holy crap, that's a nice car! I have no idea of what the value would be but just damn that would be fun.

agree :thumbs:

lots of work went into this, fitting the flares was probably a major pita.... not sure if I like the flares, I think the widened stock panels would look nicer but that personal taste. Still a great looking car IMO....

Value depends on how much somebody is willing to pay and of course if there's demand.... obviously there's demand for a original (or close to original) '63 split window..... oh boy, even I would keep it close to original and I usually can't leave anything stock :clobbered:

With the flares it might be harder to find a buyer, I expect many potential buyers would want to restore the original body which isn't cheap....

I like the color but I hope the number 7 on the door is a sticker that can be removed without ripping the paint off the doors....

Still no idea how much is too much.... if I could buy it for $10K I'd be pissed that I don't have garage space for it.... ;)

When I first looked at it I thought $40K. I have seen C2 parts cars that were little more than frames and some body parts go for $25K. A couple of years ago I saw a VIN tag and a trim tag go for $18K on Ebay.

When I first looked at it I thought $40K. I have seen C2 parts cars that were little more than frames and some body parts go for $25K. A couple of years ago I saw a VIN tag and a trim tag go for $18K on Ebay.

I agree. If it's not worth $40K now, it will be in a few years. :1st:

He wants a value, l88 flares decrease value. How does bringing that up make me sound like a used car dealer...whatever man. I don't give a fawk about originality. I cut everything up

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I agree. If it's not worth $40K now, it will be in a few years. :1st:

I tend to agree with that statement, because near 30 years ago, a old neighbor friend, a Nav Air Engineer who worked at Crystal City outside DC, bought a '35 Ford Rumble Seat Convertible....went through hell over maybe 5 years restoring all the mechanicals to near perfection...won all sorts of regional V8 club awards.....I commented at the time that his 13k car was better off being a hotrod, steel body rods being VERY expensive.....but so when he finally sold he got only 15K for it....why??

all the guys that wanted one as a kid were either dead, or had one already...no market.....

but as a HOTROD?? there would have always been a market .....

I fail to see why the same affect would not happen here in Vettes, which is why my car will be worth more as a period hotrod, than as a NCRS winner....talking when my son inherits it....or for that matter, even NOW...

now I am assuming knowledgeable buyer/seller, not some pie in sky dealer looking for killer bux, about 5? years ago down at Kissemee here in Florida NCRS show, the highly worked over C1 hotrod vettes, all updated and simply perfect were going in the 100k region....one guy even had 130k on his car.....where as the NCRS restos were going for much less.....

Just my history experiences.....

:clobbered:

Last edited:
Isn't that the price right in the back window?

Why the big suspense and drama? Why not clue us in.

That thing is a hard-on on 4 wheels. If he wants it.......he shouldn't "F' with them too much.

Someone is going to snap that up. How many of those do you think are in the whole Country of Canada?

Last edited:
My friend and the dealership are at an impasse. There is a '55 Bel Air and '69 Chevelle SS in the negotiations. Personally, with all of the headlite mechanism missing I would be comfortable at around 20-25k. We shall see what happens .....

My friend and the dealership are at an impasse. There is a '55 Bel Air and '69 Chevelle SS in the negotiations. Personally, with all of the headlite mechanism missing I would be comfortable at around 20-25k. We shall see what happens .....

That car can easily go for 35 if the dealer needs cash flow, but there's no harm in trying.
Despite it looking like a small time dealer, it's still a global market.