Help with bent rocker channel

'73inabasket

I've got to get my D/S rocker channel bent back into position so I can put the body on the dolly. I need a fresh perspective on fixing this as I can't weld. Been heating and trying to bend back in place. I've made a little progress, but nowhere close. Been heating it with a propane torch and using channel locks and adjustable wrenches to bend it back.

IMG_0191.jpg

Did it come off the frame that way? What happened? A block and a demolition pry bar is all I can come up with...

Got it!

Thanks for the help. Went out this morning and got a map gas torch and a porta power. Between the two I was able to get it back in shape good enough for the dolly to fit:

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

wow... how did it get bent ??

Undisclosed wreck. Ebay car. Didnt want to eat the shipping(1/3 cost of car) so kept it. Here's the frame:

IMG_0168.jpg

fiona41.jpg

I've got a frame from a '74 to put in, but it has some rust scale and the back corner needs a repair. Gotta decide whether I want to use that frame or find out what it would cost to section out the damage form the '73 frame, as it has no rust.

I would think that this frame can be straightened, I'd definitely ask a few shops what they think and how much it would cost..... doesn't look too bad IMO....

Cutting sections from the other frame and weld into this one would require straightening as well... want to make sure it's all straight and square before you start assembling...

I'd try to keep the original frame - I am really not a NCRS guy but the correct frame will make the car a lot more valuable. With a '74 frame it's just another wrecked Vette...

I would section the two frame and get over it the easy way....

looking at that rust on the bird cage, I would have to guess you got more problems there than spending money on that frame makes it worth it....

:clobbered: