Photo_020910_002.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 31
  • Photo_020910_003.jpg
    Photo_020910_003.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Photo_020910_004.jpg
    Photo_020910_004.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 29
I'm guessing but it might be the connector for the reverse (backing) light switch on the transmission.

it doesnt have enough wire to reach anywhere, the only thing im guessin is if something connects to it that has fallen off. is it part of the torque converter wiring ? its a 1980 th350c

There should be a harness that comes off the backup switch on your transmission. Maybe its still there just suffed up in the tunnel.

Do your backup lights work?

It's for the oil pressure switch/sender on the back o the engine, it's next to the distributor on the rear china wall of your motor.

I doubt its the wire for the oil pressure sender,the sender is down by the oil filter and requires only 1 wire.
I can't seem to make the pics larger (bad puter connection) but it appears like the connector has 2 wires,what color are the wires ?

I'm guessing but it might be the connector for the reverse (backing) light switch on the transmission.

I doubt its the wire for the oil pressure sender,the sender is down by the oil filter and requires only 1 wire.
I can't seem to make the pics larger (bad puter connection) but it appears like the connector has 2 wires,what color are the wires ?

The colors are light green and dark blue on my screen. Matches the colors for the reverse light switch in the 80 wire diagram in the download section. The connection looks like it might match the connection on the replacement switch for a MT that ecklers sells.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=37943&dept_id=1168

I just went thru this adventure for another guy- Lt Green and Dk Blue are backup lights- but the same wires also feed the TCC thru a vacuum switch. Dk Blue is 12v+ and then swap to the Lt Green at the vacuum switch and on down to the pressure switch in the trans..