Made a small testdrive today - surprise

Got a FRONT tag but no REAR tag????

:bonkers::tomato:

I do have a rear tag. The thing is the licenceplates here only come in 2 sizes. Either the long euro type or a square one. Both are too big.

I can get a small one (normally only for bikes), like on the front, but I'll have to pass technical inspection for this, so they can approve the exception due to not enough space. Load of BS, but there is no way around.

When I go driving I will have to tape the rear licence plate to the bumper. I do not leave it on there longer than necessary as the tape comes off more difficult over time and I don't want to use chemicals to remove the remains.

GRRRRRR, I have noted the 'odd' shaped plates over seas.....BUT never thought of it in relation to American cars....problem for sure....

:cussing:

Well, the plate is actually bigger than the hole it needs to fit in, so not much option.

Build a bracket to mount the license plate that fits the original holes AND the plate you have to use. Sheet aluminum should do the trick.

Maybe add some toe-in to the front- that might take the darty feeling out.

Build a bracket to mount the license plate that fits the original holes AND the plate you have to use. Sheet aluminum should do the trick.

Maybe add some toe-in to the front- that might take the darty feeling out.

I'm at 0.04" total toe in right now, which is a tad more than the VBP specs I followed (1/32")

Last edited: