Just dreaming: Aluminum C3 frame. Input?

I'm just embarking on a project I'm calling 'project C36', codenamed "The Hammer".

This involves starting with a salvage C6 Z06, stripping all the body panels off, and retro fitting a heavily modified '68-'69 convertible body ontop of the Z06 platform.
Yes, it's a big job, yes also this approach would not be possible if you crave a standard body, but it is doable.

I saw this as an opportunity to give the C3 a more contemporary design twist in our endeavours to get the C3 body to work with the C6 frame.

Our goal is to end up with a modern supercar driving experience with a hottrodded C3 body.

We've just got started, but progressing well. Just finished a similar project using a C2 coupe body ontop of a '03 C5 Z06. Check out if you wish on www.prodigy-z06.com

If you really want a modern car driving experience with contemporary / classic lines, it's an approach I'd recomend, and not yet seen tackled by anyone else.

Something to ponder????

I like where this is going.
Of course I want to see pics of that C3 build

I'm just embarking on a project I'm calling 'project C36', codenamed "The Hammer".

This involves starting with a salvage C6 Z06, stripping all the body panels off, and retro fitting a heavily modified '68-'69 convertible body ontop of the Z06 platform.
Yes, it's a big job, yes also this approach would not be possible if you crave a standard body, but it is doable.

I saw this as an opportunity to give the C3 a more contemporary design twist in our endeavours to get the C3 body to work with the C6 frame.

Our goal is to end up with a modern supercar driving experience with a hottrodded C3 body.

We've just got started, but progressing well. Just finished a similar project using a C2 coupe body ontop of a '03 C5 Z06. Check out if you wish on www.prodigy-z06.com

If you really want a modern car driving experience with contemporary / classic lines, it's an approach I'd recomend, and not yet seen tackled by anyone else.

Something to ponder????

Fantastic build, and I love your inspirational logo there.....

The 3 Dare to's......

Some years ago, I got a welder buddy to fab up my front grill, essentially the same as you did, full width horizontal slats, but mine is in a frame, bolted onto the front of my '72 vert....not even 10% of the cost/time/EFFORT of your car....hats off my man....:hi::yahoo: