i got an inspection sticker yesterday

turtlevette

The Turdle
no parking brake, no hood latches, no passenger seat belt, no cat converter and it still passed.

probably a lot of other deficiencies i'm forgetting too.

Last edited:
GREAT news??? who you pay??? or you have a buddy ???

maybe better to NOT say....but I have had to pull a couple favors over the decades too.....in Faryland...

I can just imagine what Mass. is like....

:D:lol::stirpot:

no parking brake, no hood latches, no passenger seat belt, no cat converter and it still passed.

probably a lot of other deficiencies i'm forgetting too.

Ha! a guy that can get rigs like that safetied ain't no pathetic loser - he's got it all figured out

Well I'll beat you on the crappy car passing inspection. (not talking about the pathetic loser thing here, I wont get into that)

My car was hidden in a garage for 20 some years, I took it apart, and went to DMV and got the car plated.
In other words, the car is in pieces and as long as I pay the plates on it, it wont need an inspection to put it back on the road.

Sooo I pay every year plus I got a cute plate that starts with a 454.

all I have to do now is to put the car back together.

Last edited:
Well I'll beat you on the crappy car passing inspection. (not talking about the pathetic loser thing here, I wont get into that)

My car was hidden in a garage for 20 some years, I took it apart, and went to DMV and got the car plated.
In other words, the car is in pieces and as long as I pay the plates on it, it wont need an inspection to put it back on the road.

Sooo I pay every year plus I got a cute plate that starts with a 454.

all I have to do now is to put the car back together.

I have that too. My heap of parts is fully registered too LOL

We dont have tose Historic tags here.

In Missouri, we actually have "Year of manufacture" historic tags.

So, lets say you have a 72 Vette. You go on eBay, find a nice 72 MO tag that you like, call the license bureau, and, if it's not taken, it's yours.

Then you can keep that tag forever and no inspections. Pretty cool.

There is a rule about keeping a "log" of your mileage, but as long as you have the log sheet in your car, you're ok, it can be blank.

turtlevette, I can feel your pain with the historic (antique) plates. It's the same situation in Rhode Island where there are restrictions on when you can drive your car, but there's sort of a way around it in RI. It's called dual registration. You get your historic plates, and then get a typical "normal" registration. The historic registration is relatively cheap (around $10) and I drive around all year (weather permitting of course) with my historic plates on, which omits me from having to have any emission testing. You DO have to have a safety inspection however. Most shops simply look at the car and give you an inspection sticker. If you should happen to get pulled over by the police, you simply show them your dual registrations and you're good to go...