A relatively stupid question - just curious

1977. Don't know why. Ran out of orange I guess.:rofl:

Danny

Gee having that invormation just blue me away.....:shocking:

MY best guess is to inject a bit of change under an otherwise uneventful engine....

:hissyfit:

Wasn't that about the time there was the big uproar when a few Chevy sedan owners found that GM had put some gold painted Olds engines in their cars, and then sued GM? It was my impression that GM then painted everything the same color and denoted them all as "corporate" engines.

Wasn't that about the time there was the big uproar when a few Chevy sedan owners found that GM had put some gold painted Olds engines in their cars, and then sued GM? It was my impression that GM then painted everything the same color and denoted them all as "corporate" engines.

You know, I gotta think you are correct....

:withstupid:

Yes, that is why. Before every division had their own unique color, olds gold, chevy orange, pontiac blue..... and after they were all blue. However, halfway 82 they changed to black. A lot of sources claim it was 83 but it was in fact 82. Half way through the production run the CFI engines were black. Mine, # 23904 is a very late one and it was black.

However, halfway 82 they changed to black. A lot of sources claim it was 83 but it was in fact 82. Half way through the production run the CFI engines were black. Mine, # 23904 is a very late one and it was black.
My number is # 19??? - BLACK (82)

Last edited: