V8 conversion has started on my 1997 camaro

finished sanding and painting the drivers side rims, put hatch and hood lifts on, put air dam on, put gloss black mirror on drivers side, got all the correct headlights back in and all associated light mounting stuff back on the z28.

IMG_20131025_165955_392_zpsbf316df6.jpg

Here is some new progress on my camaro. I am polishing a LT1 manifold for it along with all other aluminum parts.

partly sanded down

IMG_20131210_133433_439_zpsb5fec57c.jpg

also doing a 3800 manifold for my 97 firebird
'
IMG_20131127_162306_975_zpsaf1812c2.jpg

IMG_20131127_162200_262_zpsa5e0b946.jpg

Boy, I tell you. I am so in love with this LT1 it's not even funny. Yeah shitty on gas, noisy, rough riding. But it is a blast to drive every time.

This will be my sons first car for sure since he has staked his claim.

So far I haven't experienced any issues, a/c still blows ice cold. I mainly use my 3.8 firebird for my daily car and the camaro when the mood arrises.

for any of you doing a conversion I say drop a LT1 in you won't regret it.

My girlfriend and I did get a chance to have fun at a stop light and the LT1 devastated the 3.8 in her ex-z28

Boy, I tell you. I am so in love with this LT1 it's not even funny. Yeah shitty on gas, noisy, rough riding. But it is a blast to drive every time.

So far I haven't experienced any issues, a/c still blows ice cold. I mainly use my 3.8 firebird for my daily car and the camaro when the mood arrises.

My girlfriend and I did get a chance to have fun at a stop light and the LT1 devastated the 3.8 in her ex-z28

rough idle? any idea if the cam is stock ??

sounds like you like it :)

rough idle? any idea if the cam is stock ??

sounds like you like it :)

what rough idle? think you miss-read I said rough riding.

yep very happy with the conversion!

We are still doing work on her ex-z28 and she has chosen to paint it that GM color purple or whatever it is. We also got a headliner in it, now working on sun visors.