Motorhome lube

GT6Steve

Greetings,

Anybody have opinions on using Redline Synthetic oil in the 454 motorhome? I can't believe I'd ever see anything in fuel consumption but almost all of my towing is done over the West Coast desert mountains. It's uphill and HOT the whole way. Will the Synthetic help?

I just use Valvoline racing, because it has no cats. An oil cooler would be more helpfull than Redline, IMHO.

OK, the same question from a different direction...

Having an oil cooler, are BB's at all picky about oil or doesn't it care? Will a synthetic cause any issues?

I ask because I have gallons of slightly used redline Race Oil from the Triumph that should be put to use in mileage vehicles with filters.

Greetings,

Anybody have opinions on using Redline Synthetic oil in the 454 motorhome? I can't believe I'd ever see anything in fuel consumption but almost all of my towing is done over the West Coast desert mountains. It's uphill and HOT the whole way. Will the Synthetic help?

I used Mobil 1 in mine. It ran cooler & picked up 1 MPG. Also change the Diff to Synthetic for 1 more MPG. Every little bit helps at 11 MPG!

I used Mobil 1 in mine. It ran cooler & picked up 1 MPG. Also change the Diff to Synthetic for 1 more MPG. Every little bit helps at 11 MPG!

You must be imagining that. You're not going to get a 20% increase due to decreased friction in the engine and diff.