No ricers there

I remember when I was maybe age 11 or so, some older kids moved into the hood, from California, and Oregon....they had a '49 Ford, and other guy had a ~35 Ford with some V8 in there 265-283? I think....

and I remember asking Dad....'what was your first car?'....he said a Ford model T, then of course I asked what was your second car.....a Chebby.....
even at that knowing what GM/F/Ch was all about, with the demise of Packard/Studebaker going on in that time frame...I asked why he switched from FORD to GM??

he glared at mom, and mom snickered......the T engine snapped back on him and broke/nearly broke his wrist.....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::D:crutches:

We have to propose a toast to Kettering.....:friends:

Boss Kettering.....Ah... new him well. Nice place to live !!!

he glared at mom, and mom snickered......the T engine snapped back on him and broke/nearly broke his wrist.....

I can imagine the kind of words he used when that hapened :censored:

SHHHH, about 20? years before I wuz born......

NOT in front of the Children!!!!

:hissyfit::crutches::D

It was my Mother's job as a little girl to operate the spark advance & throttle to help keep the T running after her big brothers built a fire under the engine to warm up the oil & then jacked up the rear end so the car wouldn't lurch forward with the frozen clutch when they hand cranked it on deep winter mornings in Idaho so the family could all bundle up and go into town on Saturday morning to market and Sunday to church. She appreciated them letting her help, they were good brothers to their little sister.....

It was my Mother's job as a little girl to operate the spark advance & throttle to help keep the T running after her big brothers built a fire under the engine to warm up the oil & then jacked up the rear end so the car wouldn't lurch forward with the frozen clutch when they hand cranked it on deep winter mornings in Idaho so the family could all bundle up and go into town on Saturday morning to market and Sunday to church. She appreciated them letting her help, they were good brothers to their little sister.....

I was far from even being born when these things drove around, but do you all notice the difference in use of time....imagine how much time it just takes to start the thing and drive into town. Maybe it's me, but that progress in technology was not all in all that good...