Another - What Is This Tool?

DC3

Here's another tool from my Dad's garage. This one is marked "Proto 659 USA". Surprisingly, I could find nothing about it on the internet. I actually found two of them.

The end with the collar is hollow and looks like it is designed to be slipped over a rod or shaft and then the set screws are tightened to hold it in place.

Anybody know what it is?

DC

IMG0035800.jpg

IMG0036800.jpg

Looks look a grinding or buffing wheel adapter to go on an old washing machine motor.

First tool looks familiar but I can't place it. Obviously holds some thin piece for insertion or assembly....

sounds like you were left with a treasure there with the old tools, I'm sure they were used a long time and if they could only talk.

sounds like you were left with a treasure there with the old tools, I'm sure they were used a long time and if they could only talk.

Indeed....those tools would tell good stories...... I know I have a few 40-50 year old wrenches and some other tools too.... I have to look thru my toolboxes and separate those valuables from the every day "beat the crap out of me" tools......

I've found a lot of tools that likely belonged to my Grandad. He passed when I was very little so never got to know him. He was a jack of all trades - machinist, carpenter, sign painter, auto mechanic, preacher. Dad was a lot the same and, like me, was a tool junkie.

DC