Saw my first C7

GoVetteGo

I visited a good friend, Don, yesterday to chat about some of the mods I want to do with my Vader Vette. Soon after I arrived, he opened his garage door and there is was - a beautiful Crystal Red 3LT with the Z51 package.

After looking all over the car, Don says to me, "Want to take it for a ride"!!! Normally, I would have been all over this but our roads are wet, salty and full of potholes. I took a rain check!!

This car is absolutely amazing looking, inside and out The pictures do not do it justice. I could not believe the weight of the hood - compared to our C3 hoods, it's a feather weight!!!

I still can't stop thinking about it and looking forward to the spring so I can go for a ride!!!!

WOOHOOO

I saw one a few months back. You are right, it does look better than the pictures. Whicj is kind of wierd, most of the time the pictures look better.

I actually passed a c7 'vert on the road the other day. Better looking topless in my opinion. But even so, I would just as soon have a c6 GS 'vert instead. There's a lot to like about the new Stingray, but I still like the c6 better.
Now a C7Z though....

I dunno guys, everyone coming down on the C7 about them damn tail lights, and to be quite honest, I rather LIKE the new style, time to break the mold so to speak, after some ~40 years, maybe a changeup is in line...EH???

not that there is ANY similarity, but like the kids who owned my car decades ago, they broke the mold, and didn't some NY outfit put Firebird lights in the back deck??? Baldwin Motion?? Joel Rosen??

:harhar:

I saw the car last month, and the tail lights IMO don't look anything like the Camaro lights. However, the new Camaro tail lights look like the Corvette lights...

still, I liked it - though the dealership that was showing it at the swap meet (Corvette swap meet) was reluctant to allow test drives (it was snowing).

I've often wondered if someone would start selling a customized rear valance panel, for the C7, that had for instance C6 round tail lights. A few weeks ago, in the evening dusk twilight, I came to a stop at a red light and a car pulled up in the adjacent lane and forward of my car. My first thought was it was a C7. In a fraction of a second, I noticed the rear round tail lights...I was excited to think that someone had my same idea...selling a customized rear valance for a C7 with round tail lights. Within a couple of seconds, my eyes shifted to the area in the rear valance between the round tail lights....there was a prancing horse...Yes, it was a Ferrari not a C7!!!

Don't like the Camaro tail lights either. They have an upper horizontal line with a semi-circular shape below...they look like a half opened eyelid.

GM needs to get someone talented for designing attractive butt-lights. They could hire me, but I would have a pause about trying to make a decision between 4 round tail lights or 6 round tail lights. ...A little exaggeration here, but I don't think you can have too much red when you put on the brakes.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of those taillights either. It is not rocket science to make a mold for a new bumper with round taillights, it won't take long until companies like Aci or Vanacor do it.....
I find it amusing that the rest of the car is simply amazing, nothing I don't like, even the headlights.... But that rear bumper with those late 90's Acura Integra taillights..... No..... :shocking:

I'm not a huge fan of those taillights either. It is not rocket science to make a mold for a new bumper with round taillights, it won't take long until companies like Aci or Vanacor do it.....
I find it amusing that the rest of the car is simply amazing, nothing I don't like, even the headlights.... But that rear bumper with those late 90's Acura Integra taillights..... No..... :shocking:

I've had a lot of very good work done on my 68 by J&D Corvette in Bellflower, Ca. The work has been at their body shop and salvage yard facility. Nearby, they have another facility turning out repro Corvette body panels. The body panels are sold under the names of major Corvette vendors, not J&D. You can however buy body panels from J&D directly. They have a website...Google.

I've seen my first C7 IRL last summer at the Montreal car enthusiasts weekly meeting.
It was all I all like I envisioned it, very in-our-face Lambo-ish aggressive stance.
Loved it, second to my liking after the C3.:loveletter:

I'd really like to buy a C7..I think...but it's really not an option. I bought a new 2008 C6 with all options for a base engine car. I bought it very late in the 2008 model year, so I think I got a little knock off on price. After buying three used Corvettes, I finally bought a new one in 2008. That'll do it for me, I always wanted to buy a new Corvette. From what I can tell, if I sold a stock 08 now, I'd loose over $35,000 of real money. This will cool my jets for buying a new Corvette, especially since at my age, I'm going to have to become retarded sometime relatively soon and won't have this kind of money.