Noise in 97 LT1 help

Looks untouched, factory never redone to me. all markings still there, factory hardware, nothing that leads one to believe it's been redone. The red oil pump shaft sleeve being one of the things usually replaced in a rebuild. Synthetics, that's why it's that clean inside. What do you mean by hot? how hot? These things run rather hot, fac settings are pretty high stock.

Looks untouched, factory never redone to me. all markings still there, factory hardware, nothing that leads one to believe it's been redone. The red oil pump shaft sleeve being one of the things usually replaced in a rebuild. Synthetics, that's why it's that clean inside. What do you mean by hot? how hot? These things run rather hot, fac settings are pretty high stock.

it has iron heads for one, a lot of how stuff is routed doesn't look factory. some other stuff like how wiring is routed also leads me to believe motor has been out.

Could it be a gm replacement LT1?

By hot it runs around 210-220 around town and idling

Cool so far on freeway.

have a look at LS1tech and some other sites: use google or search.com ..... there was quiet a bit talk about GM using "dummy" gauges in 99 and later because earlier (95-98) gauges would read the "real" temperature and customers were concerned..... LOL.... 210-220 is not all that hot - problem is likely air flow across the radiator. At that temperature the stock 195F degree thermostat is wide open and you get full flow across the radiator. The coolant flows relatively fast so there's not a whole lot of time for heat exchange in the radiator.... The fans come on at 198/204 degrees ???? There are handheld programmers to lower that fan temp (on/off) .... that will help.... have both fans be "on" at 201F.... see what that does.... these programmers are only $100 used.... the predator is the the one I had for my Z28 LS1 and still use on my C6 LS2.

They also sell a "manual fan switch" but I have always considered that very annoying having to watch the temp and turn the fans on manually....

have a look at LS1tech and some other sites: use google or search.com ..... there was quiet a bit talk about GM using "dummy" gauges in 99 and later because earlier (95-98) gauges would read the "real" temperature and customers were concerned..... LOL.... 210-220 is not all that hot - problem is likely air flow across the radiator. At that temperature the stock 195F degree thermostat is wide open and you get full flow across the radiator. The coolant flows relatively fast so there's not a whole lot of time for heat exchange in the radiator.... The fans come on at 198/204 degrees ???? There are handheld programmers to lower that fan temp (on/off) .... that will help.... have both fans be "on" at 201F.... see what that does.... these programmers are only $100 used.... the predator is the the one I had for my Z28 LS1 and still use on my C6 LS2.

They also sell a "manual fan switch" but I have always considered that very annoying having to watch the temp and turn the fans on manually....

Is that all they can do is alter fan temps? I really don't want to mess with putting in a switch to turn fans on, I want the fans to work as they were designed too.

I have noticed even my 3.8 fans sound lazy when hooked up to the z28 harness when before they sounded pretty loud after the 3.8 exceeded 210 degrees. So I am wondering if fan control in the LT1 pcm has been altered because my fans sound the same (like running at low speed) as the Z28 did.