1950 Buick Sledanette

Now that is a cool concept! Looks like it will end up as the factory would have intended had they built a Buick version of the El Camino. I'll have to watch this one too. :)

that is really interesting.... mine is more a re-imagining of what it would have been with handling, aerodynamics and hp. :bump:

He's also blogging it on Bangshift.com - he'll be done far before me, but disappointingly it's a LS motor. Mine is all-Buick (well, except the axle and front suspension)... he's also not chopping, but I love his build and the air ride suspension is what I probably should have done...

It's interesting about these cars, I get contacted at least once a year by people who want to buy it .... I doubt anyone would come up with what I want - on top of that... I am taking my time with this... 10 years to build? don't care :) heck, I'm already at year 5 or 6....

He's also blogging it on Bangshift.com - he'll be done far before me, but disappointingly it's a LS motor. Mine is all-Buick (well, except the axle and front suspension)... he's also not chopping, but I love his build and the air ride suspension is what I probably should have done...

It's interesting about these cars, I get contacted at least once a year by people who want to buy it .... I doubt anyone would come up with what I want - on top of that... I am taking my time with this... 10 years to build? don't care :) heck, I'm already at year 5 or 6....

Okay, kind of thought you would have seen it. Probably not practical, but turbo inlets in the headlight buckets might be neat on that car. Would mean moving the lights and an S-duct to the turbo. If the duct was big enough you could still run a filter.

Okay, kind of thought you would have seen it. Probably not practical, but turbo inlets in the headlight buckets might be neat on that car. Would mean moving the lights and an S-duct to the turbo. If the duct was big enough you could still run a filter.

I keep coming back to the thought of using the air-inlet tubes for the HVAC in the car (they go up both inner fenders) as air inlets for the turbos... the HVAC is going in the trunk in the build.

I keep coming back to the thought of using the air-inlet tubes for the HVAC in the car (they go up both inner fenders) as air inlets for the turbos... the HVAC is going in the trunk in the build.

as long as there is some filter some where along the way that is easily accessible that would be cool....probably needs some way for the water to drip out also. did that car actually have AC when it was made originally?

would they also flow enough air?

as long as there is some filter some where along the way that is easily accessible that would be cool....probably needs some way for the water to drip out also. did that car actually have AC when it was made originally?

would they also flow enough air?

yep.... this one won't ever see rain because it's plan is full on show car. With the level of work it's going to require and the costs.... where my FJ40 says "if you see this on a trailer call 911 because it's being stolen" this would be just the opposite "if you see this on the road, call 911 because it's being stolen." I did mention I'm planning on doing this in bare metal?

wd40 (and others) make a bare-metal protectant that gives you the protection without the shine

so no satin clear coat at all just the spray for like cast iron table saw tops?

what about the bottom side of the fenders and stuff?

last placed i lived by the beach and the dust would settle on the table saw top collect salt water moisture and start to rust even with the table top spray

Last edited:
has some body been preoccupied with a new stingray project???? and not showing any love to this one?

did you see on TVs iron resurrection Joe Martin just got one of these in his shop? at least I think it is this model may be a 48 or 49.

that guy does awesome work

did you see on TVs iron resurrection Joe Martin just got one of these in his shop? at least I think it is this model may be a 48 or 49.

that guy does awesome work

he's a Buick guy too, so yes, I love his Riviera and what he did with the GNX... that 48 is pretty darn cool too.

I like drama-free shows.