SBC Cyl Head bolt tightening ft lb sequence?

I can't find that dam sheet now. It may very well have been a Ford head. I know I read 100-110lbs, but it could have been Ford. Sorry for any confusion.:banghead:

Confusion ? You scared the crap out of me and made me look up the tech info ...:crutches::D:cry:

Why you have to look it UP?? even I knew 65 was it, off top my head....but when you all start tossing numbers out there....I was wondering....

old ponchos were 95 ft lbs as I recall....

once again one on each corner of a cyl....ten per head....

I think I have to disagree with TT here, the better the lube, the less torque you need to achieve the same clamping force (less friction at the threads and under the head).

YES, i didn't want to say anything and stir up yet more trouble.

The bolt will turn easier and achieve more clamping force with less torque when a slicker substance is used such as molly.

Why can't you say anything? I was wrong, I was soo wrong. I don't know what I was thinking.

So, let me try again :) hope I won't have a brainfart again.

With the arp lube of course the toruq figures will be down, arp figures are always lower. So for instance if arp reports a 45lbs.ft torque spec and stock with oil is 65, if you pull the moly lubed bolts to 65 you will have stretched the bolt much further. In this case that won't matter, since the holes are open you're using sealer not the arp moly lube. If you have blind holes however (like Pier Paolos motown block)

Bird, must have been an FE ford, I did one about half a year ago w/ edelbrock rpm heads, they had 110 and 100 lbs tq. specs for the bolts.

I still have my old set of ARP bolts and washers on there from 11 years ago, which seem fine so I wonder about that lube thing, I just use RTV on the threads and tighten down like I posted above....65 lbs, hell with it....

I can see that any bolt will stretch under tension....but anything like ARP I don't see stretching at all, not enough to bother mentioning anyway, as the aluminum is fighting much harder to expand I would assume....

I never did see the need for torque to yield bolts....WTF, been using normal bolts for decades, these new shit like TTY, I wonder why?? never did understand the need, the old stuff worked fine, why the change???

:gurney::banghead::trumpet: