My first 383 build......progress thread

What ticks me off is that he had me all excited about the Brodix RR 200.
Researched them and those are some pretty bad-ass heads.
Wifey suggested I go to the next larger town 30+ miles away since there are no other speed shops in this town.

Video's like this are my inspiration,it needs to be like this when it's done:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaHIMwqZYFc&feature=related[/ame]

cool video ;)

impressive driving skills..... if I tried that it would probably be posted at "Florida's dumbest videos"

:lol:

But, but, officer it wasn't me that make those black marks out on the highway. Oh, wait you saw the YouTube video. OK, I will go quietly now.:club:

As of today I am the proud owner of a set of Dart Platinum Pro 1 200cc heads :yahoo:
Won the bid on Ebay, bare heads, valves included in the sale, no other hardware.$785 including shipping.
Will post some pics soon and the assembly can now start for real.

Last edited:
sounds good... did you get a good deal ??? Any more details ?? 64cc chambers ???
What springs are you going to use? I noticed on Jegs website that the assembled version of these heads is advertised to be good for only .520" valve lift ??? :confused2:

I plan on removing all the exterior bling and badges, even the "corvette" on the back. If you don't know what it is... it's my car that's what it is.
All blacked out, no names, no brands, no nothing.
Generic no brand fabricated valve covers, generic air filter. generic HEI dizzy, no MSD boxes no nada.
I like the radical attitude.:clap:
I'm actually heading a similar way, I'm gonna paint mine flat/satin Anthracite. I'll remove the nose emblem for sure, but I'll keep the "stingray" side emblems and the chromed windshield trim.
Except Panic's vette (as seen on CF), I haven't seen much "stealth" C3.
Can't wait to see the result.

There is nothing on my car that says Corvette/GM/Chevy anywhere.....

I do have the C4 flag/circle emblem in the wheel centers '89 vette wheels...a '65 FI sign in back, and flags on the gas lid, flags in center of horn button....if anything the p/owner's install of the rectangular tail lights, really confuses the novices....much less the headlights..

:flash:

Well. unfortunately...........I've decided to cut my losses and sell the C3 project.
Too ambitious, not enough time and not enough skill. Found out the hard way that your project cannot be your daily driver.
With a little pain I've decided to sell everything and head in a different direction.
Time to say goodbye and I'll put a linky to Ebay in the for sale section.
Thanks for all the help and advise, adios......

sad news..... btw, until I saw the Ebay auction I didn't realize you're only a few miles away... you're welcome to join us for the next central FL meet/greet and lunch and so on....