My little project

dude, you know that was a chrome bumper car, right???

man this is a great site!!! i was told about it from mister red vette racer. he was right, a bunch of gear heads. glad to see there is a site that does not mind the modding of vettes and people that don't get all bent out of shape when you "cut up" a chrome bumper car.

Hehehe, I think he knows it clutchdust, just doesn't care... :lol:

thanks i was not aware LOL yeah it is and it is a big block 400hp tri-power car :eek::eek:

Picture519.jpg

but alas the vin number is a wis vin number the tank sticker was dust and the car has been cracked up at sometime rear fender and other things in the body that tell me that...... the frame looks to be an early 68 (no rear brackets from the kick up to the rear cross member)..... the carbs and intake are actually 67 435hp setup so it is not like i'm taking a numbers matching 435hp tri-power and doing this.

thanks i was not aware LOL yeah it is and it is a big block 400hp tri-power car :eek::eek:

Picture519.jpg

but alas the vin number is a wis vin number the tank sticker was dust and the car has been cracked up at sometime rear fender and other things in the body that tell me that...... the frame looks to be an early 68 (no rear brackets from the kick up to the rear cross member)..... the carbs and intake are actually 67 435hp setup so it is not like i'm taking a numbers matching 435hp tri-power and doing this.
Chop it up. If nothing else, it'll give the next owner something to bitch about as they convert it back to NCRS condition :lol:

i decided to do some more cutting (i can hear some people crying already LOL)

nothing under there but a big hole

vette0001.jpg

i then sanded all the fiber glass that surrounds and the front edge too and started glassing it in there are 6 rivets front and 6 in the rear the rear also has a 3/16 angle iron welded to it and the rivets go through it and the fiberglass

by doing this i will be able to tuck the rear end up and get the ride height down more it will also allow for better angles on the 4 link bars..... i did not have to go as much as i did but this was easy and quick. It will also give me a nice solid area to mount the nitrous bottle, 5 point and any other stuff i want.

here are some pics of the vette did some more fiber glass work to get the rear end lower.

vette011.jpg

here is the inside pf the rear deck area

vette012.jpg

another one

vette013.jpg

one of new favorite pics

vette006.jpg

now i just need my motor to get done and get my trans installed.

i did not have to take out that much of the rear area but i was not going to have the batter there and felt no need for the area this is strong, light, and easy.

Panhard rod

I've been contemplating this mod on my '75 as part of a re-build, but was unsure about it. Having read your great thread and seen how to do it I am now definately going ahead with it. My only question is regarding lateral stability; one of your first photos shows what looks like a panhard rod, which would make sense. Have you fitted it as I can't see it in the build photos..any chance you could post some pics of it if fitted? Thanks.

I've been contemplating this mod on my '75 as part of a re-build, but was unsure about it. Having read your great thread and seen how to do it I am now definately going ahead with it. My only question is regarding lateral stability; one of your first photos shows what looks like a panhard rod, which would make sense. Have you fitted it as I can't see it in the build photos..any chance you could post some pics of it if fitted? Thanks.

sorry i ave not been on in a long time.....

IMG_0234.jpg

well i heard it run friday night.... baby motor baby cam

motor is a 468, 9.97:1compression, dart pro-1 310 runner heads, udharold custom cam 229 236 @50 .640 lift 112LSA, forged h beams with 2000 bolt upgrade forged diamond pistons with ceramic coated tops roller rockers head studs 4 bolt with main studs

but here it is

vette136.jpg

vette137.jpg

vette138.jpg

vette139.jpg