trick or not?

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i converted the intake system on my 240 from the dual side drafts to a single holley 390. it left room for some creativity to make the linkage work. rather than taking the simple route and just hooking up a regular sheathed cable i wanted something a little more "trick".
the video is a little jumpy and there's no audio. i'll record on a different camera that has volume next week when 'mrs dust' get's home.
[ame]http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff330/clutchdust/?action=view&current=SS854326.flv[/ame]

Last edited:
Find a old Datsun 810 wagon like I had...'78, and take the DPFI off it, and install it there....it used a 2343 cc inline 6.....

should bolt on AFAIK.....

:drink:

GENE, why on god's green earth would i do that? this thing is working well so far. i still need to "dial in" the tune, but aside from that, there's no good reason to rip out what i've already done.
like i said, i need to get a different camera that records with sound but it's running well. the one thing i will say is that AC Delco plugs are the suck. i replaced all six in the old motor and transplanted them into this rebuild. they may be a couple years old but they have less than 50 miles on them. i pulled one out this morning that looked perfectly fine, but wouldn't fire worth a shit. pulled another that fired intermittant, and probably need to replace the other four. i put in the old-ass NGKs that were in the motor for, like, 1000 years and they work fine.
sirius. not impressed with the delco plugs at all.

GENE, why on god's green earth would i do that? .

He likes beating that head against the wall.

Nothing like taking some old electronic crap that's been sitting out in the rain in a junkyard and putting it on your vette. All the corroded connections and shot sensors keep you busy for hundreds and hundreds of hours to get the thing running and keep it running.

i actually thought about that but after discussion with a fabricator i know it was determined that such a tube would need to be teflon (or similar) lined for long term durability/lubrication.
no plans for a turbo but it is already a 2.6L. i may (probably will) later do a cam swap.