New toy

Yellow, long time no see.

Yeah it's been awhile, got tired of working my dad on the corvette

I finished my truck for the time being and need something to distract me so I don't keep taking it apart

20130310_185605_zpsa53f9c29.jpg

Looks like a perimeter chassis, I ddin't get a good pic showing it. If not it's very close

The lower arms look to be identical and they use different upper a-arms to set the camber to turn left

I wanna say if I move the ball joint to the other hole on the spindle the king pni inclination will be the same. I need to take the spindle off and measure the angle also

I paid $1000, I'll be lucky if I can find calipers for that much

These arms are 8* and 11*

What angle are the measuring?

Is it the angle relative to a line drawn from center of ball joint to center of ball joint?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NASCAR-8-11...pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item2c6b5a89a3&vxp=mtr

Found your question interesting - did a little looking - to get a clue...
Here's what I found (So far - this from Racing West "Tech Talk")
"..try a 11 degree on left front and 8 degree on right front that combination has won a lot of races." and then another fellow offered:
"1) More kingpin angle in the RF spindle subtracts from the negative camber gain caused by positive caster as the RF wheel is turned left.

2) Kingpin angle affects the performance of the car when the wheels are steered. The more the kingpin angle, the more the car is "lifted" when it is steered. If you have a situation with the LF kingpin angle higher than the RF kingpin angle, then crossweight is reduced as the car is steered (either way)"

Seems like its a left hand track car and that is why the different Kingpin Angles on the spindles. And interestingly enough, they are drop spindles too.

Hope that is helpful - so I'll say Kingpin Angle. and yes that would be ; the angle relative to a line drawn from center of ball joint to center of ball joint.

Suppose the easy path is a full new upper and lower set of SPCs with Howe upper ball joints?
Cheers - Jim

Measured the lower a-arms and they are identical

My uncle said he has a bunch of upper a-arms so I'm going to get some from him and get the front squared up

It looks like the rear end may be cambered for circle track, but I'm not sure if its an optical illusion. That kind of sucks if it is the case, going to have to pull the rear and bend it back

Looks like all I need to make it street legal is headlights, taillights and windshield wipers

Second seat fits also with no mods, not sure if it will work for a passenger to get my scca license though

Found out how to fix my camber problem on my rear axle also

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MErDTMYSeig[/ame]

s1_1_zps815b6306.jpg

20130527_163727_zps054aac1b.jpg

20130527_163735_zps8eab3958.jpg

Lookin" Great - that interior has cleaned up real nice.
Where have you "relocated" the dual ignition boxes? On the firewall?
More pics!
Cheers - Jim

The car with two seats isn't mine, it was one I found on the internet

Do you think superlite calipers will be sufficient in the front?

I will probably buy the nascar ducting of ebay for the breaks, 3 3" hoses

The nascar ducting commonly on ebay is for the Integra 4 or 6 calipers or the brembo monoblocks/ap monoblocks. Superlites are way too small if you ask me. I don't think the superlites come in a 5.25GT pattern either