What to do with old parts?

Posterous is down for maintenance at the moment.
We're loading new features onto the site at the moment. Don't worry, we're hard at work getting posterous back in order soon.
If you have questions, you can reach us at [email protected]

He does awesome work. I'd love any one of those sculptures...

Wife Linda I pretty good with that art stuff, and so I wonder.......she has seen examples of this in the past, and so has a pretty good eye for 'art' and has done a pretty fair amount around the house here....

so I wonder if maybe a 'art' party with her, my buddy the welder, his g/friend, and me......

sounds like a fun afternoon....AFTER football season....

but he is in middle of remodeling the man cave into something his chick will suffer with.....:surrender:

giving up the MAN CAVE is a huge step.....

:amazed::skeptic::eek::surrender:

His art is awesome IMO. It cost him for the parts, though, and a lot of time rummaging around junkyards for items that work for him. Way back when I worked at a custom Harley shop we made a security fence out of some of the parts we had cut from Army surplus Harley's and others. This was back in the late 1960-70's period when choppers were the rage. The fence was made from frames and pieces, front end parts, seat pans, crash bars, fenders, large fuel tanks, seat posts, seat pans and well you get the idea. Any part not needed and could be welded became part of the fence. It might have been considered a work of art these days, if we had taken a photo. It was to keep the midnight parts pickers away from our good stuff. Much of the parts we cut up and buried would be valuable these days, but of questionable art value. Go for it Gene, but don't look for any bids on it from me if you finish! LOL

Just wow. Thanks for that. I have given some thought to making some sculptures out of old parts but those were just mind blowing they were so good. Just amazing to me that I could tell what the whole piece was supposed to be and then break down the individual parts and tell what they were from. Super cool.