Distributer took a shit

Yellow73SB

Pretty much all the weight stuff is warped out inside now. Time to get a new one?

I'll get some pics

Mallory uni-lite

This thing is warped all to hell

101_1759.jpg

101_1760.jpg

These pieces aren't too bad other than the one tab that is bent

101_1755.jpg

That's a unilite. I recommend you toss it, and get a GM Performance HEI from Summit. $169.00. Re curve with 2 Mr Gasket 928 Gold springs.

took a shit?? did you wipe it`s ....ah never mind. MSD seems to be the standard of the racing world these days but Crane makes a nice piece, I`ve never been a big fan of Accel or Mallory but years ago everyone loved Mallory...You should be able to find a suitable replacement on ebay. Look up Whizzer1 on ebay he gets a deal on MSD stuff.
redvetracr

Nothing wrong with Mallory IMO, especially the MBI. They are nice & compact. The Crane ign box is am much nicer piece than the crappy MSD 6A(L) box.

For years I used a factory GM TI distributor with a MSD box & coil, never had any trouble. A dyno operator convinced me to buy a MSD billet, I went with the dual pickup...to be honest I can`t tell the difference.
redvetracr

....I didn`t buy or sell the MSD or the TI to the dyno guy....the MSD came from the guy I suggested the kid look up on ebay, he is a Milwaukee area engine builder who gets a deal from MSD he was willing to pass the deal on to me. NO, not the guy I use or the guy who dynoed that motor just a guy I know....it`s probably been 3 or 4 years now but I got a brand new (in the box) MSD billet with the adjustable neck collar and dual pickups for $200....
redvetracr

believe it or not the dyno guy took out the TI and replaced it (temporarily) with his MSD dist.....he even destroyed his bronze gear because the bottom of it hit the inside of my GM Bowtie block (common problem) he trimmed the bottom of the gear off in his lathe...MSD/GM uses a .500 shaft...factory Corvettes are slightly smaller .487 maybe.
redvetracr

Nothing wrong with Mallory IMO, especially the MBI. They are nice & compact. The Crane ign box is am much nicer piece than the crappy MSD 6A(L) box.

I agree. MSD 6 series is not that good. I have 6 or 7 in a box broken. I have many friends that I had to go get because their boxes failed. The Accel Multi-Spark unit is far better. That's the one I'm going with. That's if I go back to Multi-spark.:)
Remember this: the spark goes to a single spark between 2,500 and 3,000 RPM.:smash:

I think my dad is going to put his points dizzy back on his 66 and I'll take the unilite from that car. It's brand new

Howard what is a TI distributer?