How do you celebrate?

1Michel

How do you guys celebrate Chrismass, alone with the family?
with friends? big party or quiet dinner???

How things are done where you live?

If theres sacrificial killings involved pls avoid the pics. lol

Me? tonight will be quiet with my wife, as usual a cousin of mine will be over with his family, my 2 boys will celebrate Chrismass eve with theyre girlfriend, wife family.

tomorow is another story, everybody gathers here for supper.

About 35 of them.

on the menu, each has his or her thing to bring as food, and of course lots of "vino"

I was named in charge of cooking what we call here a "cipate" or "sixpate" and of course the turkey.

Tomorow night I'll probably be sitting in the garage with my sons and my nephew having a beer and burning a good Cuban cigar.

Ok maybe an Arturo Fuentes Opus, made in the Dominican republic, got a few in the humidor.

This is going to be fun.

Last edited:
Wife Linda and I are having her mom and aunt over this afternoon, and 2 nights....so we already exchanged presents between us.....and exchanged with friends/neighbors already....Linda baked a bunch of cookies, and made eggnog for everyone....she only waved the rum over the nog.....should have did a inch of rum in each quart, at least....:1st: Linda don't drink, but tolerates me for not dropping one.....

:mobeer::shocking:

Just another day to me .... Of course I do have my G/F dress up in a sexy santas outfit but thats about it.

How do you guys celebrate Chrismass, alone with the family?
with friends? big party or quiet dinner???

How things are done where you live?

If theres sacrificial killings involved pls avoid the pics. lol

Me? tonight will be quiet with my wife, as usual a cousin of mine will be over with his family, my 2 boys will celebrate Chrismass eve with theyre girlfriend, wife family.

tomorow is another story, everybody gathers here for supper.

About 35 of them.

on the menu, each has his or her thing to bring as food, and of course lots of "vino"

I was named in charge of cooking what we call here a "cipate" or "sixpate" and of course the turkey.

Tomorow night I'll probably be sitting in the garage with my sons and my nephew having a beer and burning a good Cuban cigar.

Ok maybe an Arturo Fuentes Opus, made in the Dominican republic, got a few in the humidor.

This is going to be fun.

At home, with the kids and the family of my best friend (i have know since i was 6 years old). Nice diner, wine...just cozy at home. Enjoying the small things in life.

Wife Linda and I are having her mom and aunt over this afternoon, and 2 nights....so we already exchanged presents between us.....and exchanged with friends/neighbors already....Linda baked a bunch of cookies, and made eggnog for everyone....she only waved the rum over the nog.....should have did a inch of rum in each quart, at least....:1st: Linda don't drink, but tolerates me for not dropping one.....

Linda baked cookies, that much we know. but did the neighbors get any or did the cookie monster get them all ?

Just the wife and I at home. Sort of a miserable holiday week, I had a surgery on Thursday and have to wear this miserable cath until next Thursday, ouch.

Linda baked cookies, that much we know. but did the neighbors get any or did the cookie monster get them all ?

Fair question, them being the candy fruit cake type dropped on the pan type cookies.....

the cookies were safe from this monster on the first go round.....

it was a massacre on the second....after the giving was done....

:1st: Score...Gene, 100-1....easy....

:hissyfit::evil::p

I hack back for forth with Linda all the time....come din din....I start the piggy squeal.....high pitched voice....and go MEEEEEEE MEEEEEEE....piggy piggy piggy....standing joke that always gets a grin.....

:search::amused:

Bringing up a one year old thread, always curious how you guys do things at XMass.

For me, well it's the same again, got a minute to post, things are getting buzzy here.

The gang is gone to the hospital to see Granma. 82 yrs young and fighting a cancer. 10 grand kids and their are gone over there for lunch.

Meanwhile I'm preparing supper because when the gang comes back.... bunch of kids wil be all over and of course Santa will come after supper to distribute the goodies because , well they all have been good huh?

Turkey is in the oven, Cognac is good.

Anyway,have a good one guys!

Life is full of unexpected surprises, eat dessert first.

Last edited:
The sacrificial killing of a cow was done by the butcher, we then purchased the end product at the store (jumbo size ribeye steaks)... exchanged gifts (lots of them) ... almost 80F today so the weather doesn't really go with Christmas but I'm not complaining - better than snow and ice ;)

Just having a nice, lazy day with my wife and son. The daughter is too broke to come visit, but is doing allright otherwise.
Speaking of broke, my home renovation is about 65% as a fair guess.:goodevil:

Just another day, me and the wifey sitting in the garage. Trying to get the brakes fixed on the Jag so I can get it out of the way to do more sanding on the 81.

HoHoHo, Merry Christmas;-)) 60 degrees and sunny!

Linda sick as a dawg last week, this week it's my turn, flue.....

so take pills and lay back with heat on the feet when it's 80f outside....makes good sense to ME.....

Linda got one of them WII games for her birthday, and so I got her a WII FIT plus kinda like a console she stands on interesting device.....I rather type on the computer than do vid games, at least my mind is 1/2 way occupied.....

hope you all had a good Christmas....

I guess I will stop peeing liquid at some point, from every orifice even though it's been 80f trick is, the sun is SO lo on the horizon which is UPhill of this house, that I have to get a jack under it to see the sky.....

:banned::clobbered:

2 sons home from school and a thrid still at home...cooking the traditional xmas bird. Opened the presents....moved to the modern age and got a camcorder for the wife.

Boys are making a racket as usual when they are all here...good thing is they clean the shotguns and re-string and clean all the guitars....we'll go trap shooting in the morning, getting to be a tradition.:bounce:

Mother/Brother/Sister are up north in Chgo and Wisconsin. They all went to Wisc. to my sister's for xmas...sister can't travel right now.

Last edited:
We usually do dinner (standing rib roast tonight) with the direct family. The wife and kids today. Really very nice. Mother in law bought me a wine decanter for Christmas so am having trouble typing right now as it only seemed reasonable to test it.

I miss Boxing Day though. A couple of Brit friends are dropping by tomorrow but it isn't the same as the steady stream that i had in Toronto. You make sure that you have a drink on my behalf.

Merry Christmas to all!

Nah, this cookie monster has the flu this time, and so the cookies escaped up and down the street unscathed....;-(((

wife been sick as a dawg last week, and so is a true hero for fixin' the vittles....

she is ok now, but now she looked up the corvetteforum.com site on her Xmas gift, a WII game, I got NO clue, but methinks she wants to race a vette in her little baby buddy, something like that....

:bump::bump::quote::skeptic:

Hope you're feeling better Gene. I usually prescribe brandy for ailments that only require time to cure. Doesn't actualy help but certainly makes you think it does.

Hope you're feeling better Gene. I usually prescribe brandy for ailments that only require time to cure. Doesn't actualy help but certainly makes you think it does.

OH well, shot in the ass from the Doc, or shot in the Throat from Dr. Beam....

or Dr. MIST in honor of our northern friends.....

come New Years, the old drunk Coastie across the street will honor the hood with a HUGE bottle of Crown.....;-))( :bump::amazed::thumbs::crap::goodevil: