New member from Australia

craigh

Hi

New member from Canberra Australia.

Vette is a 71 350.

sn5.jpg

Had it for just over 12 months and have done a fair bit so far but have a way to go. So hopefully lots to learn from everyone here.

Have been documenting what I do on an Australian forum so far.

http://www.australiancorvettes.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6326

Craig

Welcome to the motley crew.....

several guys from the upside down 'America' here.....:nuts:

Hi Craig, welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

Congrates! Very nice car you got there. I liked your linked thread :thankyou:.....

Arne

Hi Craig, welcome to VetteMOD :hi:

Congrates! Very nice car you got there. I liked your linked thread :thankyou:.....

Arne

Thanks Arne

I have been documenting everything I do in that thread. Probably all old stuff to most here but all new to me.

Documenting it is all part of the experience.

Craig

Beautiful car!

What's the law there regarding left side drive cars?

Its ok to register anything over 25 years as left hand drive I believe.

Newer than that and it needs to be converted to RHD.

You also need to ensure it complies with the Australian Design Rules for its year of manufacture (As if it had been sold here in 1971)

So for 71 you need to have yellow blinkers, ADR compliant seat belts and a few other bits and pieces. Normal stuff also like exhaust DB and handbrake working etc etc.

Other than that isn't hard to get it registered here

Beautiful car!

What's the law there regarding left side drive cars?

Its ok to register anything over 25 years as left hand drive I believe.

Newer than that and it needs to be converted to RHD.

You also need to ensure it complies with the Australian Design Rules for its year of manufacture (As if it had been sold here in 1971)

So for 71 you need to have yellow blinkers, ADR compliant seat belts and a few other bits and pieces. Normal stuff also like exhaust DB and handbrake working etc etc.

Other than that isn't hard to get it registered here

I'm glad to hear that you don't have to do a lot of conversion work on the car.

I was in Australia a couple times in the 90's working with Holden. We had a few development vehicles there that were LHD vehicles shipped over from Detroit. We had to have big bright stickers on the car notifying the world that the vehicles were LHD (maybe not the whole world, but most anyone between Melbourne and Darwin and Kunnanarra). You would have thought we were carrying hazardous radioactive material from the looks of the labels on the cars. :amused:

Enjoyed my time there. Beautiful scenery, and some very unique animals that we in the US certainly don't get to see outside of a zoo.