Worn roller cam lobes???

Did you get the new cam in?

It's a used L98 cam from a friend I never met...on this forum, he is VERY welcome to say what is, but it is MUCH appreciated, even more so because of the KRAZY revelation that old cam had waiting.....

but engine runs fine...pulls good enough, everything seems happy....

played with fuel pressure today to see if tmrw in a way sub temp start the silly thing will actually feel 'normal' instead of wanting....
I dropped the pressure because I like a car that can start and be flipped into gear VERY quickly...that damn computer BETTER keep up....and go down the road at ANY temp like it's born to run...looking for throttle response, no bogging, not out and out drag racing performance .....

:nuts:

That cam came out of my L98 camaro, only 50K miles or so on it. Gene had good use for it, here it would end up in the trash. Good to hear you could use it Gene :thumbs:

That cam came out of my L98 camaro, only 50K miles or so on it. Gene had good use for it, here it would end up in the trash. Good to hear you could use it Gene :thumbs:

TT, I appreciate the thought/effort....and yes, it seems fine so far....

I have yet to really stick my foot in it, buy yesterday it seemed fine going across my favorite bridge close by......plenty of pull at 80++ mph....good enough.....

so over some time to check the MPG and so will see....

:zzz:

I have yet to really stick my foot in it, buy yesterday it seemed fine going across my favorite bridge close by......plenty of pull at 80++ mph....good enough.....

Good to hear you got it back on the road:thumbs:

Good to hear you got it back on the road:thumbs:

THAT car gets the hell down the road, hell or high water, and I don't give a flying fuck if it takes the house and the region to do it either.....
and I greatly appreciate the help from guys on this forum and some others over the years too, since what?? 99? when CF was formed?? maybe before that with the old Net grout alt.autos.corvette been a few years.....

:crap:

just curious: how does it run compared to the hotter cam and did the mpg get better ???

I filled the tank for a honest MPG measure maybe 3 daze ago, but the weather has been cold and rainy, so not driven any, and other shit going on too...so I will report when I get some miles on it.....

I have a small wooden stick I plumb the tank with, so to get a pretty good estimate of MPG early on, not trusting the gauge.....

another reason to love a shark....

:nuts:

Top off the tank, drive xxx miles, top off agaib. Difference gives you mpg. No need for a stick

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Well, I sent the damn thing off to TPIS, and after saying they MAY cut me some slack on it, the guys said NO, so I wasted 15 bux to send it there.....

he just flat out said it was too old at 14 years......just that they should have said that to start with, that's all.....

but I don't care, HOW old it is, roller cams properly made don't fail like that....period....

:club: