%^#^%#!!! %$##^$!!! %$$%$^&^^

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
Godda$%#$%34 bloody peeeep &^$&&^^&$!@#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with these junk parts one buys nowadays?

Needed another new brake booster for the truck so I bought one on ebay from A1 Cardone. Anyway, they didn't ship outside Continental US so had it shipped to Karsten and he shipped it to me. Cost an arm and a leg but it got here.

Had to paint it properly first, had a cheap spray bomb finish on it, the case was also still showing the rust pits so I used some high build primer on it and painted it a nice color. All nice and dandy and went to install it. First I noticed it had a rubber harmonica boot on the input side instead of the pink tube to seal off the firewall, luckily I had a couple spares so I swapped it over. With the rubber it never seals the firewall, those are for firewall mounted cases not for those with standoff brackets.

Went to install and lo and behold, something is out of whack, the tube does not fit the hole in the firewall when the studs are engaged in the bracket. Took it off, sure enough the brackets are bent. Not from shipping since the crappy paint was still intact, this was bent as it came from them. Nothing a little persuasion can't fix. Carefully bent it back and got it all installed. Hooked up MC, vac lines and YESS!! power brakes...well, 3 times that is. After depressing the pedal the 4th time upon release...shhhh....wtf? Oh no!! a vac leak...not this shit again! SURE!!!! a hanging floating valve and no more brake assist. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Who do I have to kill to get decent parts? This fricken thing cost me over 250$ including all the shipping and crap and it worked 3 freaking times.

I now have 3 messed up boosters, an original 27 year old one that actually works best of all of them, it has a very slight vac leak due to a bad sealing floating valve so it has poor assist at idle and works fine at anything off idle (and when coming down to idle). The other 2 are having the same symptoms. Both are remanufactured units.

Should have kept those hydroboosters I had....at least it had super overassisted brakes, beats non assisted brakes.

You need a beer dude. That sure does suck,buying reman parts is a crap shoot anymore.

!@#$%^&*()_+

CRAP SHOOT?? how about go get some freeking SHEETROCK and it's China made rotten crap that grows something freeky at first time pissed on???

much less too much in the way of that is the reason I don't buy NEW cars....can't FIX the things....I CAN, but jeebus...it's a crap shoot....

2 hours on some stupid code over a evap emissions shit with a buddies' 06? S10 plus 35 bux for the part....bunch of BS, who cares, really???

but that damn computer flashes lights till HELL freezes over, engine could explode, but NO code for THAT impending DOOM, no no and HELL no....
tranny either....

I may BE one aggravated old dude what with all this BS going on these daze but I really feel sorry for anyone having kids today...sorry for MY kids and they outta school now...BFD...find a JOB....a REAL job...

:cry::(

I can get you another one for around $100 at either the Zone or AdvancedAuto, but they both say Cardone on their website.... rebuilt junk....don't think you can buy these "new"..... they do offer a lifetime warranty which doesn't help you much 5000 miles east.....

I can get you another one for around $100 at either the Zone or AdvancedAuto, but they both say Cardone on their website.... rebuilt junk....don't think you can buy these "new"..... they do offer a lifetime warranty which doesn't help you much 5000 miles east.....

Try Rockauto or O'Reilly??? NAPA???

:hi:

For the money it's really not all that bad - even if you have to return it to get one that actually works.... lifetime warranty is awesome but again, doesn't help you much if you pay $100 for shipping one way.... if I was in Marck's shoes I'd be mad enough to throw the damn thing across the Atlantic - especially if I painted the POS just to see it fail the 4th time I press the pedal ..... :mad:

We sell A1-Cardone crap here. I try to not sell their parts. Durex is a much better rebuilder. But, Cardone has rebuilt stuff that no one else does.

Sorry TT that this happen to you.

Years ago I purchased a rebuilt 2 barrel carb from Cardone. When I tried to start the car fuel shot straight up in the air from the carb. 4 Carburetors later I finally got a good one...... Talk about frustration!
Me and Cardone, well..... I don't have a lot of faith in them. Same with their master cylinders too! :(

Still no reply...I'm probably stuck with this piece of crap!

What to do now, where to get a decent booster...damn!

Frankly Marck, I can't recall ever changing out a bad booster. Take a few apart, and see if you can make one good one.

Frankly Marck, I can't recall ever changing out a bad booster. Take a few apart, and see if you can make one good one.

I have. I've also has to replace supposedly rebuilt units.For those who continue to buy Chinese products read this: http://http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/28/price-cheap-chinas-products-fail-americans-suffer/?test=latestnews

How about one from one of the speed shops,or one of the brake specialty vendors.

I have only had 1 booster go bad,and that was back in 1988 on a 76 camaro.

that was my plan but it'll only work if one has a rupured diaphragm but it looks like all 3 have a busted floating valve 1 has for sure and this one looks like that also, the serrated retaining clip is loose and will pop out.

I have done a few before, the floating valve is a non serviceable part