"I'll show you who's boss"

We're doomed. Won't start about Greece and Greeks because it would get ugly.

Euro is plummeting, parts are expensive, oil price down to 67$ a barrel but no change at the station, still a sickening 1.56Euros a litre...waiting to hear what excuse it is this time. Last time it was refining costs (BS!! that would have meant refining other products would have been more expensive too, it was a quick way to compensate for the reduced but still astronomical profit numbers made), this time it's going to be "euro is down, so even a 67 or possible lower (soon) price epr barrel will translate to these insane prices. Yeah right, when the price per barrel was 165$ it was 1.60 at the pump here...only 4 cents difference but almost 1/3rd the price per barrel...who's getting screwed now!

Without question there are some rough financial times ahead of us worldwide. The question is whether it will spill into uncontrolled violence, as it often does. Unfortunately for the US, we made a cataclysmic mistake in leader ship a couple years ago. Not that I think the option was significantly better but it's one instance in which ineptitude would have been an improvement over an agenda that aims for these ends.
With the industrialized world's economies being so intertwined, it doesn't take much for one catastrophic crisis to set off chain reactions in the weak, overextended markets of other countries. For the better part of the 20th century we were the benchmark but we've lost that standard and are no better than Greece or Spain in many ways. Well, maybe not that bad but certainly we have no true material worth to back up our debts. We in the US have virtually outlawed through over regulation and manipulation the manufacturing base that made this country a superpower. Additionally, we have at least two generations of Americans who are very "Greek" in their perspective of work, pay and pensions. I do not believe that we could duplicate now the industriousness that won the 2nd world war.
I think we're now really seeing that on the market where our bonds are not as valued or as safe as they once were. Investors are looking at the Productivity of America and don't see her able to produce enough to honor those investments.
I fear, no offense to our European and other members, but should America fall it will signal a new era of darkness throughout the world.

Well said and mirrors my thoughts. I am getting slammed at the political sites I blog on, but the USA needs to get over it's political correctness and tighten the borders..insist that English only be spoken, and resist any infiltration of Muslim culture and Sharia Law. It's time to take the glove off!

Don't know if you read that article, but it was all about the way the banks were employing financial strategies (CDO's, hedging, CDS,...)to get richer and richter and subsequently 'outsource' the risk of those strategies (they call it investments) towards the public, and by public the mean us..with bailouts and such. And it starts to look more like gambling rather than actual financial strategy.
No matter where you live in the world this will hit you. Your countries are attacked from the inside. Note the part where they refer to the 6/5/2010 dump the dow took of around 1000 pts in 15 minutes...

Regarding the oil prices TT ... put this in the same perspective and you are there

Last edited:
I did read the article and I think it confirms my suspicion that the markets are able to create and reduce "value". Goldman being the example in the story, I'm sure there are more. Pretty frightening stuff really.

If I'm not mistaken, Ron Paul wants us to go back on the gold standard (or some commodity that is the basis for currency). Not sure that is a great idea but this balancing act of valuation and money supply looks like smoke and mirrors to me AND it looks like trouble because bureaucrats are making these decisions.

Actually they can put any comodity, including gold under pressure. Remember the kind of money they can mobilize.

Currently the only option is to ban the CDS completly or even trading in things they don't have for that matter. Germany already did this last week.

We're doomed. Won't start about Greece and Greeks because it would get ugly.

Euro is plummeting, parts are expensive, oil price down to 67$ a barrel but no change at the station, still a sickening 1.56Euros a litre...waiting to hear what excuse it is this time. Last time it was refining costs (BS!! that would have meant refining other products would have been more expensive too, it was a quick way to compensate for the reduced but still astronomical profit numbers made), this time it's going to be "euro is down, so even a 67 or possible lower (soon) price epr barrel will translate to these insane prices. Yeah right, when the price per barrel was 165$ it was 1.60 at the pump here...only 4 cents difference but almost 1/3rd the price per barrel...who's getting screwed now!

TT...it infuriates me to no end. I am all for a fair profit. The oil companies have a monopoly, as we can't put anything else in our gas tanks. Got us by the short hairs. Fu*k them. As soon as an alternative fuel/power system becomes available, watch the gasoline prices plummet.

TT...it infuriates me to no end. I am all for a fair profit. The oil companies have a monopoly, as we can't put anything else in our gas tanks. Got us by the short hairs. Fu*k them. As soon as an alternative fuel/power system becomes available, watch the gasoline prices plummet.
I'm working right now on my vegetable oil burning VW Rabbit project so I can tell them to go F*** themselves. I have rounded up around 500 gal so far of good quality oil. 50mpg X 500=25,000 miles ....screw the bastards

I'm working right now on my vegetable oil burning VW Rabbit project so I can tell them to go F*** themselves. I have rounded up around 500 gal so far of good quality oil. 50mpg X 500=25,000 miles ....screw the bastards

I remember decades ago, my father had a house out on 2 acres way enough north of Wash DC. moved there when I was age 19, he finally bought 'Mom' a car for the second car in the family....I put some 35k miles on it....anyway, that location was GREAT for another underground fuel tank and a diesel car, just have two separate fuel oil companies delivering oil....one for the diesel car, the other for the house....no biggie....maybe even have a 500 gallon tank, for the car in reality.....take care of that yearly bulge in the fuel prices...

never did do that, they should have...but all the cars were gasoline powered....never had a diesel in the family yet....

home heating oil being cheep compared to diesel at the pumps....

kinda like Marina gas for a boat....we used to carry gas in cans down the dock....some time ago here in Florida....for the 30 gallons we messed with I don't think it was worth the T&E.....not MY boat, so shut up and schlep....

:friends::lol:

Not exactly scientific of me but I will share my simple observations with you. 2 weeks ago I sat at a park on the Delaware River and watched the planes land at Philadelphia Int'l airport and watched the big ships go by. The bigs ships came up the river sitting low in the water and went down the river sitting high in the water (empty). How long can we keep this up? If we do not produce and export goods at the same or a greater rate than we import them we will go broke.

Oh, excuse me. We already are broke. And the Chinese own us due to the lopsided trade balance. (Another rant - notice how the Chinese take our trash and sell it back to us loaded with toxins?)

Yes - I agree - violence is on the horizon. If a man can't work and buy food to feed his family then he will steal to provide for them. If he steals from you or me we are going to take offense - and quite possibly take action too. We will regress to a dog eat dog mentality and have to live "on guard" at all times. The cold war "Bunker" mentality is coming back fast. Stockpile food, fuel, supplies and guns and ammo while you can. It will be like the night of the living dead with the zombies trying to get you and yours.