Powder Coat Question

marks76ray

I am interested in putting letters on my stock 76 calipers. I have a Eastwood PC gun and have coated several parts with good results. I just cant find a thread on PC a part with different color letters. I did find a thread here that showed the calipers in red with the word Corvette in white but no how to on it. Thanks in advance :sos:Mark

I would coat the calipers and simply put on a decal, that's what was done to the red calipers. Forgot who it was

If that was a picture of one of my calipers, they were fresh rebuilds from VB&P that I did in a two-stage process. First was a layer of silver caliper paint over every exposed surface to seal them. I put the decals on where I wanted them, then painted over everything with red caliper paint. After removing the decals, I had nice red calipers with silver lettering. I didn't do the lettering on the rear calipers, as I was going to have to grind off a bunch of cast-in lettering to get a good, reasonably flat surface. Too much work, IMHO.

I tend to powdercoat everything, but I decided not to for the calipers - you have to remove every bit of rubber, make sure every opening is tightly plugged, make sure the cast iron is CLEAN, etc. It's a huge PITA unless you' have them stripped to the bare castings already.