25549c2ec94b14b5.jpg
[/IMG]

25549c2ec9603fab.jpg
[/IMG]

25549c2ec9752171.jpg
[/IMG]

25549c2ec988caf9.jpg
[/IMG]

First set is the drivers side, I used the steering box and ram anchor bracket bolt holes to mount it. The last couple are of the passenger side, I used the motor mount flange along with the mount gusset that I added to bolt the bracket to. I'll take some of the rack mounted soon as I get the straps in and mount it.

Thanks, I plan on connecting them together once I have the rack installed and get an idea of how much room I have between the rack and the oil pan.

I looking at your pix, and I think your rack is way too much to the rear of the car....I can't see clearing a stockish 350 oil pan, such as what I have..just a steel pan from a '89 350 truck block....I gotta go look again at what I have you got my curiosity up again.....get the measures on the clamp?? 3.5 inches bolt c-c.....

second off, I think the amount of bracing and steel consumption in there is WAY overdone, compared to what I did....which is in there 7 years now...

I have a total of 3 bolts holding my driver's bracket, and two on the pass side....plus the clamps to the brackets obviously....:D

Looking forward to see the rack in there, curious how you can get away with two U joints....I suspect the rear placement I could not do, because of the lower section in the pan middle area, and the placement of the tie rod ends in a near stock plane/position even though longer....

:friends:

Looking forward to see the rack in there, curious how you can get away with two U joints....I suspect the rear placement I could not do, because of the lower section in the pan middle area, and the placement of the tie rod ends in a near stock plane/position even though longer....

:friends:

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to use just two U-joints, I won't know for sure untile the rack is hard mounted. Just with the rough test fit it looks like two will work.

Thanks, I plan on connecting them together once I have the rack installed and get an idea of how much room I have between the rack and the oil pan.

I looking at your pix, and I think your rack is way too much to the rear of the car....I can't see clearing a stockish 350 oil pan, such as what I have..just a steel pan from a '89 350 truck block....I gotta go look again at what I have you got my curiosity up again.....get the measures on the clamp?? 3.5 inches bolt c-c.....

second off, I think the amount of bracing and steel consumption in there is WAY overdone, compared to what I did....which is in there 7 years now...

I have a total of 3 bolts holding my driver's bracket, and two on the pass side....plus the clamps to the brackets obviously....:D

Yea the brackets may be a little heavier than needed, was just going from what has been talked about here and I used some scrap metal I had laying around. I used 3/16" carbon plate and some flatbar that I had.

Yea the brackets may be a little heavier than needed, was just going from what has been talked about here and I used some scrap metal I had laying around. I used 3/16" carbon plate and some flatbar that I had.

hehe....We may have discussed my 1/8 walled 1" tube, bent/welded and a diagonal of 1/8 x 1" to the frame from bottom of the bracket....gotta be the lightest weight mount out there...:3rd: