Control arms

I don't think there's a difference, should be all the same from 68-82. I think even the 63-67 are the same control arms.

Thats what I thought,
I dropped the body on the new frame and the upper control arm up and down movement is rubbing on the fiberglass inner fender.
It's not in the middle like the old ones.

Measured the frame all over and everything seems straight and true.

The body is aligned with the alignmnt holes.
I'll get some pics a little later.

hmmmm... I say hmmmm.

Aren't they fairly symetrical? -- (The uppers.) Just looked at mine and look pretty much the same. Didn't measure - but they're off and will do that if needed. Replace mine with the SPCs- and the lowers with the VB&P monoleaf setup):D
The lowers would be hard to goof up with the dual bolt mounts forward and single aft - and the fitments for the sway bar is forward.

Did you change out the ball joints? Remove the spindles? Get them back on correctly?
If you'd like a measure of the Upper A Arms - let me know and ll shoot a pic and add to this thread.

Interesting -- and confusing...:confused:

CHeers - Jim

No, they are not symmetrical:

24b3a76936f554.jpg

this is a pass side one, the balljoint mount is offset to the rear of the car

TT -- Thanks - you saved me from going out into the rain to get them out of the scrap pile! Nice choice using the tiles for accurate measurements!
Per the VB&P catalog -- their uppers and lowers fit all C-3s from 68-82 - so must be a left/right swap?

Cheers - Jim

The tiles were not purposely placed like that LOL

The VBP tubular things are side specific too, I think they mean that the arms fit any chassis, as in a pair of uppers or lowers not 1 arm. Even then, it should read 68-82.

The tiles were not purposely placed like that LOL

The VBP tubular things are side specific too, I think they mean that the arms fit any chassis, as in a pair of uppers or lowers not 1 arm. Even then, it should read 68-82.

Curious as to what if the diff from 63-67, Mid years?? thought the chassis was the same just a body swap....:huh2:

Chassis is similar, apart from some braces and changes to front & rear and body mounts.

Early cars had drum brakes, front spindles are different and rear arms too. 63 and 64? have different bumpstops in the rear and no bumpstop pad on the arm, the bumpstop on the frame is halfway next to the frame, reducing tire clearance there. Not a lot of diff. otherwise.

I checked with the old frame, same measurments everywhere.

Think I found whats going on.

I took out the front of the wood dolly so I could access the front of the car.

The nose isn't supported so it sags a bit + the control arm are bolted and I didnt put any adjustments shims.
when I lift and support the nose of the car and use some shims it dosnt rub anymore.
Soooo everything just fine, I guess lol