35 dollar gas range ignitor.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
:shocking: nothing but a little ~3/8 diameter ceramic on a wire end, no screw no nothing for 35 bux....no matter where, Whirlpoole.....

so in went the smallest spark plug I could find, from a weed wacker, open up the gap a good bit, and use a clip from a cut down plug wire to hold the wire...and it's done....

two bux and 30 minits work....

:shocking::devil::beer: even the damned get lucky once in a while....

But a MSD box on it. They might be good for something.:idea:

It's the same with bubble jet printer supplies. $85.00 for the new printer and another $70.00 when you need more ink.... and it's nothing but water based crap! :pprrtt:

It's the same with bubble jet printer supplies. $85.00 for the new printer and another $70.00 when you need more ink.... and it's nothing but water based crap! :pprrtt:

Don't you know it too, :hissyfit: HP can shove it where the sun dont shine....

:banned:

:shocking: nothing but a little ~3/8 diameter ceramic on a wire end, no screw no nothing for 35 bux....no matter where, Whirlpoole.....

so in went the smallest spark plug I could find, from a weed wacker, open up the gap a good bit, and use a clip from a cut down plug wire to hold the wire...and it's done....

Interesting but where does the electric to fire across come from ?
I personally dont use the little piazo starters that come on the grill, they scare the crap out of me. I like to have a flame going BEFORE I turn on the propane.

Interesting but where does the electric to fire across come from ?
I personally dont use the little piazo starters that come on the grill, they scare the crap out of me. I like to have a flame going BEFORE I turn on the propane.

The typical grill I know of has a stiff pushing button with a sudden release of pressure on the end...some sort of crystal on it, I suppose Piezo??

or maybe a coil involved, either way....

the range has a SS circuit with a multi pole output coil on it, and the wires are much thinner, but well insulated, than spark plug wires...

so far so good, when/if it fails I will know just how good....:thumbs: