Fuel injection fuel pumps

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
I am flummoxed by the disclaimer not to use a vane type pump with fuel injection. I can't figure this out. I would think a vane would be more pulse resistant than other designs and that would be advantageous. So why would a vane, like the Holley and Carter pumps, not work in a FI set up? What type of pump do FI systems use?

I think mine has been a Master Craft or something close outta Autozone, back when it was only 70 bux with lifetime warranty....exchanged once in 15 years, not so shabby....

:nuts: it's the typical fuel in the ass with nose out and electric on the other end.....about 2" diameter maybe 6" long....I use it tied to the rear frame rail....pusher position....stock lines 3/8 for feed, and return is stock whatever ...

:clap:

Marck, the Holley red and blue pumps and the Carter pumps are rated between 2.5 and 7psi, which should be fine for a TBI system. The Holley black is rated at something like 40-45psi. I would think that would be pretty good for a port style injection. But they even say it's not recommended for injection. Just don't know why.

Marck, the Holley red and blue pumps and the Carter pumps are rated between 2.5 and 7psi, which should be fine for a TBI system. The Holley black is rated at something like 40-45psi. I would think that would be pretty good for a port style injection. But they even say it's not recommended for injection. Just don't know why.

I thought the stock rating for a TBI was 10-15 psi,

I Know my pump will clock 60 IF the return line is blocked solid, and the pump is running, :gurney: and delivers plenty at 42 for a basic TPI when running...