First time Vette owner!

toolman tim

This is my first time to this site. I am a super excited 5 day owner of my first Vette. It is a '80 L82 that had been sitting in a warehouse for almost 20 years. Can not wait to begin the process of customizing it and making it my own. I know this site will be a valuable resource so thanks everyone in advance. Look forward to learning a lot about these awesome cars from all you experienced owners.

Attachments

• IMG_20151109_131147.jpg
    IMG_20151109_131147.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the motley crew......

my shark shown on the site below is very highly modified.....over the 20 years I have owned it, or it's owned me, depending how you look at it.....it's a seductive bitch.....:rofl::bump:

Welcome to VM Tim :hi:
20 years old? I hope changing the tires and checking the brakes are on the top of you todo list.
If your car's calipers don't have stainless steal sleeves chances are the cylinders got rust and now leaks.

Yes sir, brake calipers, lines and rotors are the first project. Tires can wait as I am pulling engine to have new heads and cam put on. Then I need to send it 1200 miles north (back home)in the spring for my buddy to make the body look gorgeous. While it is back in Michigan I will have the seats and door panels recovered down here. Then, hopefully get her back here in summer or early fall and put it back together. Thank you for input.

Last edited:
Yes sir, brake calipers, lines and rotors are the first project. Tires can wait as I am pulling engine to have new heads and cam put on. Then I need to send it 1200 miles north (back home)in the spring for my buddy to make the body look gorgeous. While it is back in Michigan I will have the seats and door panels recovered down here. Then, hopefully get her back here in summer or early fall and put it back together. Thank you for input.

Well, sounds like you doing a lot and are well organized about it already.....:drink: